Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help.

I'm looking to upgrade to EC90s. They come in 26.0 and 31.8 these days.

Advantages and disadvantages of these clamp sizes?

thanks

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
bcportlandrider said:
Help.

I'm looking to upgrade to EC90s. They come in 26.0 and 31.8 these days.

Advantages and disadvantages of these clamp sizes?

thanks
What other do-dads do you have on your handlebar. Computer mounts, for example are mostly designed for use on the smaller diameter bar.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
The larger diameter is suppose to make the bar stiffer and help the stem clamp firmer. Neither of these have been a problem for me. I find the larger diameter interferes with computer and heart rate monitor mounts, so I prefer the smaller diameter bars.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
bsdc said:
The larger diameter is suppose to make the bar stiffer and help the stem clamp firmer. Neither of these have been a problem for me. I find the larger diameter interferes with computer and heart rate monitor mounts, so I prefer the smaller diameter bars.

I just bought a Cateye wireless computer and it allows you to mount the unit on the stem. The mounting bracket has holes that allows zip ties around the stem. It's a very clean set up.................

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoke Wrench said:
What other do-dads do you have on your handlebar. Computer mounts, for example are mostly designed for use on the smaller diameter bar.
I've got a computer and heart rate monitor. If the extra stiffness of the 31.8 were significant, I'd figure out different mounting brackets for the do-dads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave Hickey said:
I just bought a Cateye wireless computer and it allows you to mount the unit on the stem. The mounting bracket has holes that allows zip ties around the stem. It's a very clean set up.................

If the extra stiffness were worth it, I'd upgrade my computer and heart monitor's into a single unit on the stem.

Otherwise I'll stick w/26.

Thanks for the beta

1 - 6 of 6 Posts