Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a website with measurements (width, reach, drop) for various handlebars? I'm looking for bars with very short reach to the hoods. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
MerckxMad said:
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a website with measurements (width, reach, drop) for various handlebars? I'm looking for bars with very short reach to the hoods. Thanks in advance.
Reach is often overlooked and it makes a huge difference. I too wish there was a comparision site.

The shortest reach bars I've tried are the Salsa Poco. There are others but the Salsa is a very good looking comfortable bar.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave Hickey said:
Reach is often overlooked and it makes a huge difference. I too wish there was a comparision site.

The shortest reach bars I've tried are the Salsa Poco. There are others but the Salsa is a very good looking comfortable bar.

Yesterday I found that the CBike website lists the measurements of most models/brands of handlebars. As it turns out, they sell "Italian style" bars on many models with a shallow or short reach (75mm to 86mm) as compared to a "Belgian style" with a longer reach (90-100mm).

I have small hands which fit Campy hoods comfortably, but find that I experience pain when gripping the top curve for extended periods. 3T Prima has always worked well for me, but my new bike (Giant TCR) has a nice Deda Magic stem with 31.7 clamp. I found short reach Magic bars and hope they work out. With my saddle position and stem height dialed in, 1 cm less to the hoods should make a difference with the Magic setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.