Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I purchased some bar tape from my LBS which they installed...problem is that it looked red under the store lights, but it freakin' pink outdoors. It clashes with my Specialized M4CX enough that I want to swap it out. Can I transfer the bar tape to another bike, save it for later, or is it a toss-out? Is the stretching a problem? It's only been on for a day....

Cheers,
Damian

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Find the guy who was looking for pink tape...

There was a post here a day or so ago from some guy looking for pink tape for his girlfriend's bike. You could cut a deal....

I've swapped tape a few times,. and you have to unwind it whenever you move or change levers or shifters. It does stretch a little, but generally it goes back on smoothly. No reason to toss it that I can think of.

·
Registered
21,435 Posts
Probably can re-use

If the tape has that nasty adhesive on it, the tape may tear apart when you remove it from the bars. Otherwise, there's no reason you can't re-use it someplace else. Us cheap ba$tards often remove the tape, wash it, clean the bars, and reapply as part of the annual overhaul, and that tape has been in place a lot longer than a day. Of course, this begs the question of where you're going to use the pink tape, but we'll leave that question to you. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts