Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What handlebar tape would you recommend for someone who likes their's thin? I normally like to ride with no gloves and like the feel of a thin handlebar. My LBS only carry a couple of brands, Specialized and another, and they are both "phat". Thanks.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Anything...

tjjm36m3 said:
What handlebar tape would you recommend for someone who likes their's thin? I normally like to ride with no gloves and like the feel of a thin handlebar. My LBS only carry a couple of brands, Specialized and another, and they are both "phat". Thanks.
Anything cork based will be fine for thinness methinks.

Just order some on-line somewhere. I'm not normally a big proponent of ordering on-line, but it's only bar tape.

·
Banned
6,492 Posts

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
Cloth tape, no gloves for me as well. Tressostar is the classic. Cateye (available from QBP through your LBS) is just as good. Just enough glue to stay in place while you wrap, with many take-offs and re-wraps possible.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,346 Posts
chiup01 said:
IMO Fizik makes the best thin synthetic handlebar tape. Nice and grippy and super easy to clean. Various online retails carry them. Nice colors too.

Ditto. The lighter colors stay lighter waaaay longer than any other synthetics I've tried--and it is fairly comfy also.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,854 Posts
Cinelli

tjjm36m3 said:
...I normally like to ride with no gloves and like the feel of a thin handlebar...
I usually ride with no gloves and like a solid feel to my handlebars. Cinelli cork is great tape with some padding but not so much that it feels cushy like the padded crap.

A long time ago when I rode with cloth tape I preferred to double wrap my bars with two layers. You can find Velox cloth tape here:

http://www.loosescrews.com/index.cgi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.