Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Back on topic.

So I installed my Fizik Solocush Tacky Bar Tape. And I must say this was the most difficult tape install I've ever done. Kept having to unravel and re-wrap to get it right. Not to mention it's a bit on the short side, so doesn't quite cover all the way where previous tapes have come.

I haven't ridden it yet, but it feels nice. Tomorrow will be warm, so a ride will be a must!

Watch this space.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,047 Posts
I'm a bigger fan of Bontrager than Cinelli or Fizik.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Back on topic.

So I installed my ...Fizik Solocush Tacky Bar Tape...Not to mention it's a bit on the short side, so doesn't quite cover all the way where previous tapes have come...
That's interesting to hear about the length of the tape. The Vento Solocush tape is 93" and is made long enough to accommodate those large flat aero wing type bars. I used this tape on a set of Zipp flat aero wing type bars and had a foot or so left over from both sides. If I recall correctly, it can even accommodate those aero bars.

·
wut?
500 Posts
I have tried a lot of different bar tapes over the years. This year I tried Zipp Service Course CX tape and it is my new favorite. Great feel and tackiness, but not too grippy. A nice level of cushioning, and easy to install. Very durable--I only wear gloves when it is cold. I have about 5k miles on it and it is essentially good as new.

Highly recommended!!!!

Not too expensive either. I went into a local bike shop looking for some, and the guy tried to sell me some $50 tape he had on the shelf. I just looked at him... Seriously?:rolleyes:

·
Banned Sock Puppet
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
So that Riser Drop just a commercial break?

Yep! :D

Seriously, I'm not considering getting one because I don't think it really achieves much. I spend the brunt of my time on the hoods. Most of these bars rise very little and then drop again where the shifters mount.

I'm actually considering bars with a shallower reach. That would bring the heel of my hands back behind the bar so there isn't pressure there which causes numbness.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Back on topic.

So I installed my Fizik Solocush Tacky Bar Tape. I haven't ridden it yet, but it feels nice. Tomorrow will be warm, so a ride will be a must!

Watch this space.

How did you get on with the Solocush? I've a Fizik seat and was thinking of matchy matchy.

·
Banned
377 Posts
Uh oh, I think you just gave another ammo for that prairie dog dude to fire at you. :lol:
Nah..Sir Lombard's cool. We both want people to enjoy their bikes and make informed decisions. Different perspectives are part of the process.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts