Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon I'm going to buy an Sworks Tarmac 2016 frame.
Now I'm looking for the the other components for the bike. I want a handlebar for internal cabling and the only one of specialized is the S'works Aerofly but the flat side is so huge I think.
Which one do you pefer?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Choose carefully if you insist on those things. Know which shifters you will be using and which way you will be running the cables.....from outside of bar to port or inside of bar to port. In my opinion those bars just cause increased drag in shift cable.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
I'd recommend normal bars very strongly. Internal routing on nearly every bar made does nothing but screw up shifting. I have LOTS of experience w/ this.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
I'd recommend normal bars very strongly. Internal routing on nearly every bar made does nothing but screw up shifting. I have LOTS of experience w/ this.
....and even if, for argument sake, it didn't f up shifting.....there's no advantage and you just limit your selection. I've never known cables under the tape to present a feel problem but if you're really OCD about it plenty of bars have grooves that take care of any housing lump.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Choose carefully if you insist on those things. Know which shifters you will be using and which way you will be running the cables.....from outside of bar to port or inside of bar to port. In my opinion those bars just cause increased drag in shift cable.
I will be using ultegra DI2

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,410 Posts
And I will still be recommending normal routing.

Are there any current generation road shifters left with "normal" routing? Aren't they all under the handlebar tape now? Or is this something else? Am I missing something here?

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,563 Posts
Are there any current generation road shifters left with "normal" routing? Aren't they all under the handlebar tape now? Or is this something else? Am I missing something here?
Yes, you are. The OP was asking about internal routing. Not under the tape, but inside the bar.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,410 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts