1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Meh.....Stuff happens.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Those concrete rails on either side are made for cars, not pedestrians, meaning that they are too low. I can't believe the race organizer didn't put extra safety measure. If someone fell over, there will be lawsuits galore. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
Those concrete rails on either side are made for cars, not pedestrians, meaning that they are too low. I can't believe the race organizer didn't put extra safety measure. If someone fell over, there will be lawsuits galore. :rolleyes:
Shirley, you jest!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I'll be keepin an eye open at the local Craigslist posting for some new highends, low mileage with a few scratches here and there due to recent fallover caused by the family cat, otherwise perfect intact :)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'll be keepin an eye open at the local Craigslist posting for some new highends, low mileage with a few scratches here and there due to recent fallover caused by the family cat, otherwise perfect intact :)
... with slight altered frame geometry from the factory setting...

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
Not really, I'm sure there are waivers in place by the event organizers to release all liability and you race at your own risk, just like those sponsored group rides all across America i.e.. Ride for cancer, tour de cure, etc.

·
Registered
20,767 Posts
Not really, I'm sure there are waivers in place by the event organizers to release all liability and you race at your own risk, just like those sponsored group rides all across America i.e.. Ride for cancer, tour de cure, etc.
Yup, they're public roads. Ride at your own risk.
Plus, the race organizers probably wouldn't be allowed to alter the concrete rails (not sure even how they'd do that). And by doing so, THEN they likely open themselves up to liability if their barriers are ineffective.

This was a CAT 3 race... not the TdF.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
You know how trial lawyers are. They can come up with all sorts of creative accusations.

Plus, the race organizers probably wouldn't be allowed to alter the concrete rails (not sure even how they'd do that). And by doing so, THEN they likely open themselves up to liability if their barriers are ineffective.
I was thinking more in line with putting extra barrier in front of the concrete rail so that the riders would be further away from the ledge.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts