Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Whose wife are you talking about?

It doesn't matter what you think; what counts is what she thinks.

Reactions: David Loving

·
Registered
111 Posts
We have my wife's Ti Road Bike hanging in the living rm. I had four bikes on the LR wall in my former house. I learned that it's best to have the hook through the back wheel, as the stress on the headset and/or shock fork (on an MTB) is not good.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I learned that it's best to have the hook through the back wheel, as the stress on the headset and/or shock fork (on an MTB) is not good.
I'm sorry, that just sounds like one of those myths. Think about it, how much stress are you putting on the fork/headset while riding? Easily 10 times more than a 17lb bike puts on itself.

·
Cumudgitude
703 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if this were actually an issue every shop I've ever been in would use a different solution for the temporary storage of bikes. The suggestion that hanging a bike from its front wheel as a storage solution, as far as I can tell, serves only one purpose; selling more wall mounted bike racks.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I used a regular bracket to hang a bicycle [high] on a wall... sorta like art. I hung it in my basement office... and the wife is very cool with the appearance. I also leaned another old bicycle against the wall below it. I like the look!

Both bikes are over 25-30 years old but clean and polished-up like new. I plan on using one on a trainer this winter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.