Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And to me! My present to myself. Our birthdays are one day apart, today and tomorrow, and he is building my bike now, which is cool. To my knowledge, I will have 100% of the Master custom builders in Bozeman covered after this. I have sold enough bikes and stuff to pay for this and more, so the wife is happy. I love my old steel beauties, but at least for me, custom is better. This will pay homage to the lugged steel of yesteryear, too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Way late,

But happy birthday! Man, your bike looks like what I'm thinking. What'd you go with for lugs, BB shell, and fork crown, and tube set? (If you don't mind my asking, just curiosity's sake.)

Minstrie.

·
Registered
460 Posts
happy birthday

could not believe you were not on list of "BIcyclist" hand made bike guys ... you are in top three at least . and I think #1 since Sachs is not really avialable in real life.
keep working.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey,

What a nice surprise to stumble on this thread. I haven't been by in a few days and didn't see it. I had a very good birthday with good company and some fresh homemade cheesecake. I heart cheesecake.

Barry's frameset is off to paint now and I'm onto the next project - a JK Special for a gentleman in Colorado.

I thank you for the kind wishes and wish you all the best.

dave

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are some of the last pictures Dave sent before he shipped. Should be a few weeks before JB contacts me to discuss paint. Wasn't that much of a sacrifice, Santacruz (altho I miss the Moots and the blue Primato, even tho they both went to great homes). I never considered myself a collector but when you have eleven bikes, you pretty much are whether you want to be or not. To have fewer bikes, but ones that are perfect for me in every way, makes more sense.
i went with the wrap around seat stays even tho the others look more Italian-y; I just think he does a fantastic job on them and they look great. Now I need to figure out the details of the paint. It is going to be copper with light blue pinstriping on the lugs and highlights.

He even worked on his birthday, who could ask for more?? The Bozeman boys are as nice as they are talented.

B21

oops one older photo snuck in

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
how about

Root Beer Brown Metallic with French Vanilla lugs????
you could add some light blue accents if you wanted
happy birthday to both of ya
nice bike
where's the cantis????

sorry I really like the JK Crossers

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
atpjunkie said:
Root Beer Brown Metallic with French Vanilla lugs????
you could add some light blue accents if you wanted
happy birthday to both of ya
nice bike
where's the cantis????

sorry I really like the JK Crossers
that brown has has serious consideration ATP; I am a little leery of different colored lugs, if not done right, I think it looks a bit too pimped out. Iam more comfortable with detailing and pinstriping as of now.

b21

1 - 20 of 32 Posts