Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Two wheels=freedom!
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my new Lynskey Peloton in XL today! I'll be getting it with their Lynskey Carbon Sport fork (carbon fork blades with Alu steerer).

Now I just have to wait until the end of May for it to show up.

Sigh.

When I spoke with the guys at Lynskey, I said how I was amazed at how closely it measured to my early 80's Bianchi. They chuckled and said that, yeah, they were kinda sorta copying the Bianchi for it's classic angles. Almost every dimension was within a fraction of a MM on my 58mm Bianchi, except for the head tube which is a whopping 63mm taller! Not too big a deal, as my stem on the Bianchi is up 50mm from the headset on the quill. And I won't mind the half inch higher up bar that I'll end up with no spacers.

Build will consist of some take off from the Bianchi and some new. Chorus 10sp F&R Der, cassette, crankset, brifters and calipers, KMC X10-SL chain, a Record BB and headset, Ambrosio Nemesis hoops laced 3X with DT Comps and brass nips to Record 10sp hubs, Brooks B-17 on a Thompson Masterpiece post, and a set of Look Keo Carbon CrMo's.

Unfortunately, my beloved Cinelli Giro d' bars wont make the move, due to their 26.4 clamp. But I found a set of Deda's that are close, and with a Thompson X2 110/17deg stem I think it will look cool with no spacers.

Countdown to true NBD begins.

And the Bianchi will be going into the wayback machine and going all retro/original with all Campy Nuovo Record/Record 6 speed stuff.

·
Two wheels=freedom!
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new Giro d' bars that are 26.0 clamp have no grooves for my campy brifter cables. The Deda's, which are close in profile, have grooves.

Can't stand lumpy tape jobs... I'm a little OCD when it comes to things like that.

My 26.4 Giro d' bars have two grooves, go figure that they would go old school with a new clamp size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.