Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hammer
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad March is coming to an end, because it's been a bad month for riding outside. Was only able to get out 10 times compared to 22 last year. It seemed it was raining, snowing, or freezing temps most of the month. When the temp was in the low 30's I got out for short rides to keep my asthma in control, anything over an hour in those temps and I won't be breathing to well for awhile. Also the roads where covered with salt, dirt, and very wet. Which in turn meant the single speed was the bike of choose because it was easier to clean.
Now the good news is snow, snow, and more snow is on it's way to finished off March. Let's hope April will be nicer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKgcejXcAFE

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
We've had an almost nonexistent winter in East TN - March was both warmer and colder than February, but not by much

Feb high 78, March high 80
Feb low 22, March low 21
Feb avg 50 w/ 63% humidity, March avg 51 w/ 56% humidity

I've probably ridden a dozen times in shorts this year, twice in knickers, and once in tights. Both months have had lots of days over 65. And how I love Daylight Savings Time.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Here in the DC area, March was by far the coldest, most miserable month. All the flowers started blooming near the end of a really warm February and then we got hit by this winter storm. They forecast a foot of snow, but we only got two inches. It was a hard freeze that killed off a lot of blossums. Mileage wise, it's my lowest month of the year so far which is very unusual.

All in all, its been a great winter. Only one real snow fall and fairly warm. I'm at almost 1000 miles, which is really good for me this time of the year.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,806 Posts
I'm finishing off March with a case of the flu. Remember when flu was a wintertime thing?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I rode more in both January and in February than I did in March (New Jersey)

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Not me. I flew to Girona one of the world's great cycling locations. Can't wait to go back. Rocacorba didn't seem so tough this year although its still not easy peasy

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
We have snow on the ground. But then again, it's Canada. Biking season doesn't start until May here.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Was pretty nice here except for the wind. Which is usual for March. In like a lion as they say. I got sick in February and it lasted until a couple of weeks ago. I don't think it was the flu, but I sure don't want it again. Just started riding again this past week after getting my energy back. Was blowing hard again today, but you learn to just put your head down and pedal. It is nice to be healthy again.

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
I'm another that got more mileage in both Jan. and Feb. than I did in March.

April is starting out well.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It came in like a lion and went out like a penguin.

True. With some lamb in the middle. Climate change. Disrupting everything.

I got trees with buds outside and snow piled all around. Squirrels all confused not knowing if they should be in or out. Calamity here.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
We have snow on the ground. But then again, it's Canada. Biking season doesn't start until May here.
We didn't have snow on the ground for four years straight here, because again, this is Canada. Though we did have it 2C lower than normal for the entire period form December to end of March. Still staying about 2 below normal - sucks! but ah, still riding in shorts so not all bad

·
Registered
525 Posts
Had the best March of my life, 699 miles.

Of course on April 2, we had an EF-2 tornado pass within about 1.5 miles of our place. Fortunately, it was confined to the National Forest. Lots of big pines snapped in two like tooth picks and many were blown over/uprooted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts