Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody doing the Harlem Valley Rail Century this Sunday? If so, reply here or send me A PRIVATE MESSAGE and lets meet up. I'm a solid B+/A- rider doing this solo. Looking for some riding company. Looking forward to meeting you for a great day of riding.

· Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the century, my first one, and really loved it. Got caught in the torrential downpour at mile 82 but still managed to do the hill climb. I thought it was run very well and definitely would do it again and look forward to doing other centuries. Total of 105 miles in 7:15 of saddle time.

· Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first major climb at mile 35 was tough, both the grade and length. The second major climb at mile 72 was also very long, a lot of people were off their bikes and walking. The last climb at mile 100 or so was 1.2 miles long with a 7% grade, took me 10:30. I wasn't racing and by mile 100 was tired and soaked, so I was pretty pleased with my time on that climb. I actually passed 2 other riders on that climb, so all in all not bad.

· Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sure you can do the century next year. Its not a race, just a nice day out on the bike. The trick on the big hills is to put it into the easiest gear, pick a spot on the road 5 feet ahead, pedal to it and repeat, repeat, repeat...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.