Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone been up to harriman recently. was thinking about riding up tiorati brook road and arden valley this saturday. i know they are closed to cars. are the roads ok. assume snow is melted. any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
anyone been up to harriman recently. was thinking about riding up tiorati brook road and arden valley this saturday. i know they are closed to cars. are the roads ok. assume snow is melted. any ideas? thanks
I haven't been, but I doubt that the snow has melted. There's still quite a bit on the ground here (Rockland on border with NJ), and Tiorati Brook and Arden Valley are shaded - even without leaves on the trees. Lake Welch Rd might be passable (the part north of St. John's road, I mean, the part south of that is plowed, of course). I live 20 mi south and quite a bit lower in elevation, so if there's snow on the ground here then there's more in Harriman.

You can try riding the park road just over the GWB - if that isn't clear, then the roads in Harriman certainly won't be.

-----------------

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well henry hudson drive is spotless. all was clear up to lake welch parking lot but as i was ready to leave the lot to continue to tiorati there was solid snow as far as the eye could see. If i had wanted to reach seven lakes drive the only option would have been 106 but since i don't much care for that road, i turned back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts