Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made others want mexican food too?

weltyed mentioned he had mexican, and i've been thinking about it for a couple days now.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
seriously. took me three days to convince The Wife we would not automatically catch h1n1 if we went out for mexican.

however, i am trying to use her fear of swine flu to get outta having to travel 2 hours to get to a 3 year olds bday party. they are flying in from newyork to visit and are holding a party at "grandmas."
from last night:
"arent you afraid of getting swine flu? i mean, all the workers there are mexican."
"quit being xenophic."
"but i would never forgive myself if something happened. some chicago schools are closed because there are cases here."
"not here. in chicago. quit being a pu$$y about it. more people died in car crashes while i was taking a shower than have contracted the swin flu thus far."
"i cant believe you want to risk it."
"well, you know, maybe we shouldnt go to the party saturday. they are coming in from NYC, and there are cases there. plus, they will be in two major airports."
"i know. i was thinking of that."
"well, why dont you guys go and ill stay home. that way, if you all get sick i can take care of you."

they screwed up and gave me a green beef enchilada instead of green chicken. but i let it slide. and the pork tamale was awesome.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
I always like mexican food.

Most of the workers in our cafeteria are mexican...I even had a burrito yesterday. I'm not worried about catching the flu. Probably have a much better probablility of catching food poisioning than the flu.

BTW, heard on the tv this morning that the flu cases in mexco are leveling out. I'm guessing the overreaction of the media, politicians and doomsday prognosticators was more of a hazard than the actual flu.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thinkcooper said:
I sure hope we don't get an asian flu next. Cause I love chinese take-out.
but i'm always hungry 2 hours later.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Creakyknees said:
if a Mexican guy cooks a bowl of pasta, is it Mexican food?
no. it must be on a tortilla.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Creakyknees said:
if a Mexican guy cooks a bowl of pasta, is it Mexican food?
only if he added Tapatio...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts