Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Is it the future yet?
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in this bike. Wasn't really happy with the FP3 and was wondering if the 6 would be more to my liking.
Of course none of the dealers in my area have one as it's "order only". How do you order and buy a bike you have no idea you're gonna like?

·
Registered
126 Posts
What did you not like about the FP3?

I know I am not directly helping your question, but as a Paris owner (same mold, I believe as the FP6, but different grade of carbon), I am curious to know what you did not like about the FP3 - geometry, compliance, stiffness? I think the main difference is going to be geometry, since the carbon is the same between the FP3 and FP6, I believe.

IMO, the FP6 seems like an odd duck in the Pinarello lineup at $3K USD just for the frame. I say that having paid more than that for a Paris frame, but the FP3 was not available at the time and I thought the Prince would not work for me (needed a little more headtube length). FWIW, I do love the Paris for its combination of stiffness, comfort, and handling.

Hope you get some more useful replies, but I do not think there are a lot of FP6s out there yet.

·
Is it the future yet?
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not think there are a lot of FP6s out there yet
That's what I am thinking.
My friend owns the F3:13 and I have ridden it as well. I jumped on the FP-3 just for kicks at my shop and it didn't feel much different. It's a nice smooth ride, but it feels heavy and while I wouldn't say sluggish, just not snappy. My friend rode it too and he thought the same thing.. that even though it's close to 2lbs. lighter, it wasn't much different than his 3:13. (which is for sale btw).
After riding it and then finding this article, I find he took the words right out of my mouth..

This bike is not a bike of performance extremes – not the nimblest climber, the fastest descender, smoothest rouleur, or quickest handler. It does dose out a solid measure of performance in each category
Now, I'm not dogging the 3 at all, I'm just wondering if the FP-6 would be more snappy and feel more nimble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts