Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a VO Model 6 saddle...It looks very similar to the Brooks Swallow and is supposed to be shaped like the Swift... For $85 it's priced like a B17...

I love my Brooks Swallow but at $200+, I can't put one on every bike

I'll do a complete report once it arrives

http://www.velo-orange.com/vosaddlemodel6.html

G

·
Dave Hickey said:
I just bought a VO Model 6 saddle...It looks very similar to the Brooks Swallow and is supposed to be shaped like the Swift... For $85 it's priced like a B17...

I love my Brooks Swallow but at $200+, I can't put one on every bike

I'll do a complete report once it arrives

http://www.velo-orange.com/vosaddlemodel6.html
Dave, I am really hoping that saddle works out.

I have looked at those a lot and hummed and hawed, I really hope that works out.

Let us know.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
same as cardiff I think, sold on ebay, soma, etc... all kinds of models, top left is the swallow ripoff

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
I want to know as well...

I was going to get one this week and the rails are longer than the Swift I have or the Regal.

Ride report when you can. I will wait for you comments! :thumbsup:

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
I like the fact that the skirt is tied across like that...I think....I'm interested too

G

·
I have also been thinking of maybe trying a b-17N as an alternative to the Swift.

I like the Swallow and would like to use one or more, but the prices are just out of this world.

Anyone have comments on the b-17N???

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The saddle arrived today

Since I haven't ridden it, I can only give some general observations

1. The leather is very nice...it's a little more dull than the Brooks but leather lotion shines it right up( VO recommends leather polish/lotion)

2. The construction appears to be excellent...The allen key tension bolt is a great idea. It's much better than the Brook proprietary bolt/wrench

3. The size and shape are very similar to the Swallow...

I plan on putting it on my J.P Weigle and do a long ride this weekend.

I'll give an update on Monday

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
toomanybikes said:
I have also been thinking of maybe trying a b-17N as an alternative to the Swift.

I like the Swallow and would like to use one or more, but the prices are just out of this world.

Anyone have comments on the b-17N???
shoot, I just saw this, sorry...I ride 2 B-17N's I love them they are the same shape as my butt....or visa versa. It's the saddle for me

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
uh......Dave...that's not a bike yet,,,it's a frame, fork and seat

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
someone.....quick...I need a ride report on this saddle. I have been using the specialized that came on my langster on my new build. I did the longest ride on it yet today and I am going to say something I have NEVER said before....OMG MY A$$ HURTS!

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
maybe there is some deeper meaning, but on the surface that name "handlebra" is just stupid

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Bertrand said:
Where made?

lots of buzz in blogs and such, and these things (various other models too) are popping up all over... I've read taiwan-made w/ australian leather in various places. not sure where cardiff is located, their website is pretty blank (cardiffltd.com).

one thing to note is that there is some sort of synthetic laminate on the bottom. riv has some interesting comments on the b-17-like model: longer rails, sagging sooner, fake copper rivets, 5-yr warranty

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update- 60 mile ride report

I did 60 miles on the saddle today.....

If you ride a Swift or Swallow, I don't think you'd have any issues with this saddle..the saddle is flatter side to side than either of the Brooks but I couldn't tell any ride differnce

I had to force myself to think about the saddle at about mile 50...I completely forgot about it.....that is exactly what a good saddle is supposed to do

Swifts and Swallows are comfortable for me right out of the box...I don't need much break in... and they only get better with each ride....

The VO was comfortable right out of the box....time will tell if it gets better or worse...

Based on my intial ride, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts