Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
They say the SPD-SL's come with the yellow SH-11 cleats.

Check again. Maybe you overlooked it.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=m8003

You pulled a dinosaur.

Be aware sometimes they are slow on shipping. Sometimes it takes 3 weeks, I think stuff might get stuck in customs. Other stuff I have received in 8 days ( I Iive on the west coast). Otherwise you can't beat their prices, no tax and no shipping.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Dinosaur said:
They say the SPD-SL's come with the yellow SH-11 cleats.

Check again. Maybe you overlooked it.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=m8003

You pulled a dinosaur.

Be aware sometimes they are slow on shipping. Sometimes it takes 3 weeks, I think stuff might get stuck in customs. Other stuff I have received in 8 days ( I Iive on the west coast). Otherwise you can't beat their prices, no tax and no shipping.
SPD-SL is just the type of cleat (as opposed to SPD's). I was actually looking at the 540's and the older model 105's. Those are the ones that don't say.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
5,046 Posts
Yeah they seem to be shipping more stuff without a box... I got an Ultegra cassette the other day in an envelope, no real packaging, certainly no box, just loose sprockets and spacers in the envelope. One of the spacers was bent a little from shipping, not enough for me to worry, but it did seem careless. Then again the price was unbeatable and it certainly is genuine Shimano.

·
Registered
537 Posts
DrSmile said:
Yeah they seem to be shipping more stuff without a box... I got an Ultegra cassette the other day in an envelope, no real packaging, certainly no box, just loose sprockets and spacers in the envelope. One of the spacers was bent a little from shipping, not enough for me to worry, but it did seem careless. Then again the price was unbeatable and it certainly is genuine Shimano.
Really ? I bought my chorus cassette and record shifter from them last month as wheel but came with the original box.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
5,046 Posts
nismosr said:
Really ? I bought my chorus cassette and record shifter from them last month as wheel but came with the original box.
Yeah it seems only Ultegra for some reason ships this way... I got Dura-ace from them and it was boxed.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
5,046 Posts
nismosr said:
I wonder if you purchase a Centaur would be like the Ultegra with no box.
No box, just hoofs! :rolleyes: (insert cymbal crash here)

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Most the stuff they sell is OEM. Stuff meant to go right on bikes and not sold to the public. That is why their prices are so low. They usually do not package items. You can ask for a item to be shipped in a package but they will charge extra. This is what I was told on another forum.

The few things I have ordered from them arrived in my rural mail box in a paper container, no boxes. Instructions included. I would be leery of ordering something real expensive from them....might get banged around because of shipping method.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Dinosaur said:
Most the stuff they sell is OEM. Stuff meant to go right on bikes and not sold to the public. That is why their prices are so low. They usually do not package items. You can ask for a item to be shipped in a package but they will charge extra. This is what I was told on another forum.

The few things I have ordered from them arrived in my rural mail box in a paper container, no boxes. Instructions included. I would be leery of ordering something real expensive from them....might get banged around because of shipping method.

I actually disagree on that - I bought my Record Shifter from them last month and it's in the original box and mail it with their blue plastic envelope. Actual pic of the shifter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.