Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, what the

heck is he trying to do? :confused: He tried to tell me he mistakenly sent a cashiers check to me for $5K (for my $750 bike) and wanted me to cash it and send him money, etc.

I'm not sure what he was trying to pull. I just told him I don't want to deal and sold my bike to someone else.

What was your experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, He did the same thing. It was so obvious, so I wanted to see what this scammer will do next. Sure enough he sends an official looking check for $3500.50 (for a $350 item) with an equally official looking letterhead of Standardtrust asking that I send the difference for their so called mistake. Beware for those looking for an easy buck as you are their target. I am filing this with my local PD's FYI. So in case these scammers get caught, one more file can be added to their crimes. Also beware of this name Philip Martins this is another name the scammers use. Iguess, there is no stopping this people, just be careful. They use the ff [email protected] and [email protected].

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.