Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever bought from bikesonline.com before? I searched around and can't seem to find any feedback on them-- which seems strange. They have some handlebars in my size and I want to make sure they're legit before ordering.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've purchased from bikesonline.com before and had great experience. Website is a little funny and I think Rick (owner?) is working with the website developers to fix the issue but I called him directly after putting my order in and he was great...helped me through the order, confirmed everything, and received the order this week without any issues!! To be honest, his prices beat a lot of others so it was a no brainer after looking into it. (Kurt Kinetic road machine trainer NEW for less than $250)

Did my research on it before hand....he also owns http://www.biocyclist.net/ which sounds like a great biking venture in Houston. I'm in wisconsin so no chance to go visit and see how good his services are....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks - although I'm always skeptical of a first-time poster joining to review a vendor.

The site has definitely seen some changes lately.

In the past, they were listing all QBP products as in-stock even when they definitely were not. That always struck me as sketchy. Now it seems that might be using realtime stock information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can understand your apprehension, I'm the same way. Reason I've never posted before is that I just got back into biking after a LONG hiatus and many pounds gained. Was looking around for information on bikes and equipment (ie. trolling) when I happened upon this site. Only when I was searching for reviews on bikesonline did i see YOUR post.

I can send you any information you need on my order, you'll see I just received it this week so no chance to actually post earlier. I do know that the guy at bikesonline (Rick) said they have an offsite warehouse and they put orders in so anything ordered on Friday will not go out until the following week....can't say anything on their stock information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
....just an FYI, ended up buying a Specialized Roubaix for my 'starter' bike to get back into biking, this time focusing on road biking instead of hitting tree stumps and rocks. Love the bike so far but only have 300 miles on it (had 3 weeks), time will tell.

Bikesonline purchase was a trainer so i can ride in winter. No other order through them yet, but if prices are right then I'll order. How is pricepoint?? You order from them?

·
Registered
219 Posts
dslfoolish said:
Has anyone ever bought from bikesonline.com before? I searched around and can't seem to find any feedback on them-- which seems strange. They have some handlebars in my size and I want to make sure they're legit before ordering.
got a $300 single speed commuter there. regardless of the bikes themselves, their
fulfillment is top notch. got my bike shipped and boxed, as promised. very easy
purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mookie99 said:
I've purchased from bikesonline.com before and had great experience. Website is a little funny and I think Rick (owner?) is working with the website developers to fix the issue but I called him directly after putting my order in and he was great...helped me through the order, confirmed everything, and received the order this week without any issues!! To be honest, his prices beat a lot of others so it was a no brainer after looking into it. (Kurt Kinetic road machine trainer NEW for less than $250)

Did my research on it before hand....he also owns http://www.biocyclist.net/ which sounds like a great biking venture in Houston. I'm in wisconsin so no chance to go visit and see how good his services are....

What is their phone number? I can't seem to get it from the site...

Dave

·
BB
1 Posts
do not order from bikesonline.com

Don't order from this guy. Chances are your order will not arrive in a timely manner despite products being 'in stock' or you will not get the correct products you ordered. Either way, you will not get through either via phone messages or sending e-mails. I was sent a different product than what I ordered and am having to go through my credit card company to get it resolved. Phone calls and e-mails have all gone unanswered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
6/24/2010, I just received my order from BikesOnline.com. I placed the order on 6/17. 7 days for ground shipping is quite adequate. Amazing prices. I'm very, very pleased, and will be ordering from them again in the future.

--David

·
Registered
165 Posts
dslfoolish said:
they are affiliate or under same owner Rick (directbikeparts.com) and they are not located in Houston i know for fact. I didn't have a good experience with them first time ever and never come back. . they are type of beyondbikes.com who does not have stocks but have sources from distributors who normally list parts that they don't know if they are still available in the warehouse until taken your money. Last time i called in & check with their rep to see if the part i want available then order but still got burned after week of no communication via email. I called in and talked to the owner and he flatly told me that the rep didn't know the parts i order was out of stock!!!!!!!! Check the link below which he also owns that website.
http://directbicycleparts.com/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a standard tire and tube 11 days ago and I have received or heard nothing. Thus, unless you are under no time constraints, I would not order from this online store. The few bucks that I may have saved are not worth the wait, the lack of a tracking number, warranty service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed an order for a new Fizik saddle nearly 2 weeks ago on their website and still have not received it. Order status says "AWAITING SHIPMENT" even though the item said "In Stock" and "Ships in 2-4 Business Days"

I've tried calling their number during normal business hours many different times on different days... and no one ever answers. Have also sent emails, but no response. The "Live Chat Help" on their site is always "offline" status too.

Certainly something sketchy about their business. I certainly would not order with them again or suggest anyone do so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed an order for a new Fizik saddle nearly 2 weeks ago on their website and still have not received it. Order status says "AWAITING SHIPMENT" even though the item said "In Stock" and "Ships in 2-4 Business Days"

I've tried calling their number during normal business hours many different times on different days... and no one ever answers. Have also sent emails, but no response. The "Live Chat Help" on their site is always "offline" status too.

Certainly something sketchy about their business. I certainly would not order with them again or suggest anyone do so.
UPDATE- It is approaching three weeks now since I placed my order. After calling and leaving messages and emailing, I did not get any response however they sent me an email saying "Your Order Has Shipped!" and includes a USPS tracking number. However, it was an electronically generated print-at-home shipping label, and it has been 5 days now that it still says "Electric Shipping Info Received" but has not physically been shipped. I'm guessing they did this just to shut me up for the time being and make it appear like they've finally sent something when they have not.

I will surely be reporting their business practice to the BBB for investigation. http://BikesOnline.com should be shut down immediately.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you think the BBB is some sort of government entity that could perform some sort of investigation, you're sadly mistaken. At most, they'll try to sell this business a BBB membership. That's what they do: sell BBB memberships.

You'd be better off contacting your state attorney's office.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.