Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about purchasing a frame from Canyon (canyon.com) in Germany (new sponsor of Silence-Lotto) but was wondering if the shipping is prohibitively expensive. The frames are a great deal but not so much if the shipping is $300-$400. I sent them an email last week and got a response in German saying someone would get back to me. They still have not and I don't want to pursue if someone can share an actual experience of shipping a frame to the US.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Dude, it's not gonna cost 300 bucks man. That's like what people pay to have cars shipped overseas...

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
If you search the two words- Canyon Germany -here, you'll find some threads talking about Canyon shipping and customer service, and some useful email addresses and phone numbers. From what I can see, customer service isn't stellar.

For what it's worth: like almost everyone else in the bike bidness now, Canyon buys their frames from a huge factory to the far east of Germany. It's a good frame, but the expense and possible hassle getting it here may be a little much for just another carbon fiber production frame. Just saying.

·
Shoebomber
174 Posts
Resurrecting a slightly old thread, but I purchased a Canyon near the end of last season and the cost was 200 Euros for shipping. It took about a week and a half to arrive in Seattle, and then it got stuck in Customs for another 5 business days (no, I didn't have to pay customs tax).

Customer service for me was fine; whenever I sent them an email I would have a reply in my inbox the following morning. That being said, this was in August when the season for them was nearing a close.

Take a look at their "sponsorships" page; they provide discounts to certain frames and builds if you can provide a racing license number. I purchased my CF Pro with full Chorus for 2200 Euro, which is a pretty solid deal.

·
Shoebomber
174 Posts
FORT-Cyclist said:
Canyon has a reputation here in Germany of not holding on to their promised delivery times, especially with new frames/bikes at season start.
I've heard this too, at least for the new models. It seems that the best time to deal with them is in August, when sales have started to wind down. I am guessing that ordering a 2008 model from their "outlet" section wouldn't be as problematic as trying to order a 2009 model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts