Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to go to the south-central part of Turkey (near Adana) for four months. I am looking for information from anyone that has riden either road or mountain bike in that area of the world.

I'm trying to deside which bike to bring (road or mountain). Does anyone have any insight on this? Is road riding safe, considering the road quality and unsafe drivers? Is there anywhere to even ride mountain bike?

Any info I can get would be GREATLY appreciated.

Mike

· I heart team Zissou!
2,954 Posts
mfreyhol said:
I am about to go to the south-central part of Turkey (near Adana) for four months. I am looking for information from anyone that has riden either road or mountain bike in that area of the world.

I'm trying to deside which bike to bring (road or mountain). Does anyone have any insight on this? Is road riding safe, considering the road quality and unsafe drivers? Is there anywhere to even ride mountain bike?

Any info I can get would be GREATLY appreciated.

Mike
I have been to Turkey but have not ridden my road nbike there. If you have one bike to bring, make sure it is the mountain bike -- the roads are dangerous enough for cars and there are tons of trails, donkey-paths and dirt roads to ride.

A+

Philippe

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I wound up bringing the mtn bike. The riding is definitely different than in the states. I'm glad I went with it over the road bike too.

Thanks again for the help!

Mike

· gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
mfreyhol said:
Thanks for all the info guys. I wound up bringing the mtn bike. The riding is definitely different than in the states. I'm glad I went with it over the road bike too.

Thanks again for the help!

Mike
good call. I spent 2 months in turkey last summer (mostly in istanbul where the few bike shops i spotted only carried mtn bikes - including a trek 'concept store')).

made a trip down to diyarbakir and mardin for a conference, and while the thought of riding there is tempting, i doubt i'd ever have the courage to try :)

gürüz sürüz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.