Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching Paris-Nice I notice that Phil Liggett has been replaced by Steve Schlanger--you know the guy who sounds like he's always intentionally trying to deepen his voice.

Has Phil Liggett been fired by NBC?

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Has Phil Liggett been fired by NBC?
Doubt it. I've definitely not heard anything about that - one would think that if Phil got the boot, the cycling media would be in a tizzy. Phil is probably bird-watching in Spain or some such place. He'll be back in the commentators box soon enough I would expect.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
What a pity. If he comes back to commentary I mean. Keep watching the birds, Phil and bring Paul along with you.

(Chasing Legends is a nice movie but it's not for having those two gentlemen in it.)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Doubt it. I've definitely not heard anything about that - one would think that if Phil got the boot, the cycling media would be in a tizzy. Phil is probably bird-watching in Spain or some such place. He'll be back in the commentators box soon enough I would expect.
I think I heard Phil's commentary on one of the earlier races Universal Sports aired in the last few weeks. Seems like they are shuffling up all the commentators between the two networks. Haven't heard GoGo yet this season that I recall.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
I think I heard Phil's commentary on one of the earlier races Universal Sports aired in the last few weeks. Seems like they are shuffling up all the commentators between the two networks. Haven't heard GoGo yet this season that I recall.
Wasn't GoGo in the line-up for Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne when that race got cancelled?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
If you've been watching OLN/Versus/NBC the last several years, Phil rarely appears for February and March races. I can't recall him ever doing P-N or T-A or M-SR. He will be there for Flanders and P-R. Sorry to disappoint the haters.

·
your text here
13,195 Posts
youll start hearing him at paris-roubaix. maybe the ronde. if armstrong were racing, he would be slipping up at criterium international and maybe milano-san remo, but i think schlanger has been doin that lately.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
youll start hearing him at paris-roubaix. maybe the ronde. if armstrong were racing, he would be slipping up at criterium international and maybe milano-san remo, but i think schlanger has been doin that lately.
It's a tough gig- but somebody's gotta carry on the torch!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.