Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hate the phone?

JPTaylor said in another thread that he hated the phone. I totally agree. I've never liked using or talking on the phone. I go out of my way to avoid it. Thank god for email. I'd even rather travel to meet face to face than use a phone if possible. Not sure what it is about it, but I agree...I loathe it. Cell phones as well. That's why I'm going on the "pay as you go" plan soon--I'll save $$ over my already minimal $20/month plan. I've ordered stuff off the internets that cost a few $$ more because their site didn't require me to "call for price".

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Well I'm not sure what an ohone is, but I hate the phone, yes.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
paint said:
Well I'm not sure what an ohone is, but I hate the phone, yes.
smartass ;)

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
It takes one to know one.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
I also hate any phone(the ringing especially). Bocephus if you're on the virgin mobile you can get it down to $15 every 3 months if they take it from you credit card (other wise its 20). Somehow I'm squeeking by on a cell phone for $5/month. Usually its off and lost somewhere.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
I also hate any phone(the ringing especially). Bocephus if you're on the virgin mobile you can get it down to $15 every 3 months if they take it from you credit card (other wise its 20). Somehow I'm squeeking by on a cell phone for $5/month. Usually its off and lost somewhere.
I'm with T-mobile now so I think I'll keep my current phone and stay with them--if I pay $100 upfront I get 1000 minutes good for a year. basically $12/month for more minutes than my $19/month plan offers now (60 a month)

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
hey BJ2,

Can I have your permission to use your better half as my avatar? I'll learn PS for the cause.
yeah...no problem. just don't photoshop her with that gangta-wannabe dude or Firsttrax's dog. :D

/ great...I just gave Firsttrax the idea.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
we probably end up paying about the same per minute in the end. Mine is 25 cents/minute for the 1st 10 minutes of a day then 10 cents after that. I sometimes have to add more minutes before the 3 months is up.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I'm with T-mobile now so I think I'll keep my current phone and stay with them--if I pay $100 upfront I get 1000 minutes good for a year. basically $12/month for more minutes than my $19/month plan offers now (60 a month)
Doesn't that work out to $8.33 a month?

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
yeah...no problem. just don't photoshop her with that gangta-wannabe dude or Firsttrax's dog. :D

/ great...I just gave Firsttrax the idea.
I would never photoshop her with gangsta dude! Any photoshop that may or may not ensue would be done in good taste and be complimentary.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bikeboy389 said:
Doesn't that work out to $8.33 a month?
math was never a strong subject for me. ;)

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
He's gonna cone her............:eek:

firstrax said:
I would never photoshop her with gangsta dude! Any photoshop that may or may not ensue would be done in good taste and be complimentary.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
I avoid the phone a much as possible. I've always blamed it on 15 years in the billing office for the psych unit. To me telephone=screaming crazy person:eek:

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Yup, phones blow.

cells most of all. I broke down and got one (family is all long distance) but it took me years to jump off that bridge.

My girlfriend hates talking on the phone. In the 10 1/2 months we've been together we might have had 2 conversations over 20 min.

we just e-mail our plans to meet up (neither have e-mail at home) We end up having to use the phone maybe 1 time a week.

i didn't know girls like that existed :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts