Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a Raleigh 3 speed with bendix coaster brake Sturmey-Archer hub. This is very much like a bicycle I had as a youngster, but a little different-- It has oil ports on the hub, crank and front wheel and I am wondering what wt oil was used. Normally bearings are greased and I'm thinking that a heavy wt. transmission oil would be appropriate. This is an all chrome cycle with caliper brakes as well. Anybody know about this bicycle?

·
Cycling 4 the fun of it.
326 Posts
I have recently acquired a Raleigh 3 speed with bendix coaster brake Sturmey-Archer hub. This is very much like a bicycle I had as a youngster, but a little different-- It has oil ports on the hub, crank and front wheel and I am wondering what wt oil was used. Normally bearings are greased and I'm thinking that a heavy wt. transmission oil would be appropriate. This is an all chrome cycle with caliper brakes as well. Anybody know about this bicycle?
Sheldon Brown has tons of information and I looked up your question so, here is a link that may help.

Sheldon Brown Lubrication

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.