Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Apparently it's called a Kentucky shower. Tried it with a Bud light last night and it didn't taste like water at all! Tasted like beer. Crazy. And it felt awesome too! Didn't try the end part of the video although its pretty ingenious.

Any other partakers in this glorious beer shower?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,916 Posts
not for a couple of days.....

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
50 F? Me and him have different ideas of what constitutes a cold beer.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,916 Posts
50 F? Me and him have different ideas of what constitutes a cold beer.
50 works if that's all ya got. (first beer, by the 3rd, temp doesn't matter much)

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Is Kentucky shower in the urban dictionary? If not, is should be and there is all kinds of possibilities on the definition.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
50 works if that's all ya got. (first beer, by the 3rd, temp doesn't matter much)
There was a time when that was true. A beer's a beer... the only thing better is a free beer. But I rarely drink alcohol of any type anymore so I'm pretty picky when I do. My tolerance has faded to almost nothing. I never make it to a 3rd, beer or booze.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
In my youth I had a friend with power hitter that said "the best part about this is that you can smoke in the shower"...that is when I realized he had a problem.

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
Is Kentucky shower in the urban dictionary? If not, is should be and there is all kinds of possibilities on the definition.
Now yer thinking a Cleveland Steamer I believe.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
bud light? eww. buy better beer. it needn't be that cold.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
actually, I would rather drink tap water than Bud lite..... (my tap water, my well!)
Agree. I'm reminded of the old joke about Coors Light (and Bud is worse): It's like sex in a canoe, because it's f*ckin close to water.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,916 Posts
Agree. I'm reminded of the old joke about Coors Light (and Bud is worse): It's like sex in a canoe, because it's f*ckin close to water.
RE: Coors, Rolling Rock (and a few others) "Born of natural spring water"

I peed in those streams

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
So I went to Urban Dictionary. And I typed in 'Kentucky Shower'. Here's what it said:

Skipping a shower or bath and covering your stink with perfume or cologne

"The lazy mom opted for a Kentucky shower instead if washing her dirty body. "

So we have all learned something today. You could probably substitute 5 or 6 different southern states in place of Kentucky.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,151 Posts
Uh, yeah. After nearly every bike ride I've been on in the past 8 years. Coors golden (Smokey And The Bandit style) is the best choice for a shower beer. Craft brews in general taste odd in the shower; especially heavy IPA's and porters. Super-light macrobrews are far too watery, and develop a sort of funk when consumed in a shower. Heavy/normal macrobrews are the best choice, as the flavor holds up even with the odd dribble of water in the can, and the flavor is generally grainy enough to stand up to the heat and not develop a funk too harshly. My favorite macrobrew is Labatt's, but that can't even hold a candle to Coors in the shower.

And yes, I am fully prepared to debate anyone on this topic.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
Urban Dictionary: Skipping a shower or bath and covering your stink with perfume or cologne.
so the video is wrong? a kentucky shower is not one held while drinking watery beer, wearing a suit and tie, and giving praise to the merits of sloth, hubris and the old south?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts