Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
slow rider
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DAAAAMMMMNN! Not quite what I expected. I'm a comic geek from way back so I thought I would give this a chance. And Batman thought he was bad.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
the warehouse scene with Big Daddy was pretty epic

I could see how if you didn't know what you were getting into it might be a little off-putting, but as far as comic book movies go, this movie rocked

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I haven't seen it and I'm not a comic geek but I work with a guy who is (he's going to a big comic convention in Toronto this month, paid almost double for tickets so he could do the meet-and-greet with Stan Lee only to find out that he can't get the pic/autograph at the meet-and-greet and has to stand in line with everybody else, so now he's a grumpy comic geek). In true comic geek style, he was disappointed in the movie because of accuracy issues. Apparently in the comic she just kicks him in the nertz and walks away after he confesses.

Edited to eliminate potential spoiler for those worried about it.

·
slow rider
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bane said:
the warehouse scene with Big Daddy was pretty epic

I could see how if you didn't know what you were getting into it might be a little off-putting, but as far as comic book movies go, this movie rocked
Not really off-putting so much as, did I just hear that? :yikes: Referring to the diner scene. I'm with you on the comic to movie conversion being good. It will be interesting to see what they can do with the 2nd movie, 2012.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
MT Road said:
I watched it was not to impressed some parts good others just meh,,, so was not particularly thrilled..
Someone who had seen it compared it to The Watchmen...accurate or no?

·
slow rider
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Accurate in the fact that it's not your kids superhero movie, but really not alike. Adult in nature, lots of blood and language.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I agree... not like Watchman.. don't take a kid.. think Kill Bill violence in small sections done by a 8 year old girl who says "****"

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
RoadBear said:
DAAAAMMMMNN! Not quite what I expected. I'm a comic geek from way back so I thought I would give this a chance. And Batman thought he was bad.
just watched it via On Demand the other night. Not what I was expecting either. Wasn't it billed more as a humorous teen comic flick? I gotta say, I was surprised, but enjoyed what it became. Definitely a black comedy with lots of violence. I can handle that when its got humorous undertones (huh?), but if its a serious slasher pic like Saw, then meh.

The first scene with Nicholas Cage and his daughter testing guns had me thinking "wtf is this???"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts