Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BART is having troubles with the line past Hayward, using a bus bridge today for any stops from Hayward to Fremont. The news today showed a brief glimpse of the bus they are using for this bus bridge, and it doesn't look to have bike racks.

My girlfriend normally takes BART to Union City and then bikes to her office. Assuming they have not re-opened this line tomorrow, any suggestions on how she would get between Hayward and Ardenwood/Paseo Padre area? Is there a map of bike routes for this part of the east bay available anywhere online? Or a utility like there is for SF that would plan the route for her?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The easiest although pretty traffic congested is to take Tennyson west (towards 880) until you hit Hesperian and hang a left...then it goes straight until it turns into Union City Blvd and eventually turns into Ardenwood Blvd. It's not really that bad anymore since they developed all the housing in that area. I used to ride this route when I was a lot younger and had a gf in Fremont (I'm from Oakland) and that was nothing but empty truck roads and landfill. Yeah I was pretty sweaty when I got to her house. :smile:

I think Googlemaps says it's a little over 7 1/2 miles..
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...d=111051160628315606815.00044d0ba396f5962d245

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like the trains are running, so she was able to get to Union City by train. Thanks for the link - we had looked at Hesperian as an option, as it does take her most of the way 9and she has driven it before, so has a feel for the route and traffic conditions).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.