Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<< This furry guy has been a handful lately. Wife left for a work trip the other day and he didn't eat at all on Sunday or this morning. Now it's not too unusual for a dog to skip an occasional meal, but he's a month from 15 years old and diabetic. I'm not Mr. HardcoreCareerGuy, but I just couldn't be gone today. I spent a lot of time again this morning trying to get him to eat anything so I could give him his insulin, but no luck.

I honestly didn't know what was going to happen when I walked thru the door this evening. At wife's suggestion, I came armed with two plain McD's cheeseburgers. Instant hit. Life is good again! Running out to buy a few more to stash in the fridge. The things we do... :)

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
He just wanted a change in menu.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Maybe he misses his mommy. We left our dog at a neighbors house when moving for a few days. Eventually cost our neighbor a pound of ground beef to get Moose to eat. After that he was fine.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We get the hunger strikes around here, but I'm not the one usually known for caving in. It's the other one that is a little more dramatic. He has to eat but I guess I'd get sick of that prescription stuff after a few years too. Looks kind of like raw corned beef hash.

Probably doesn't taste as good as the Sand Creek Wild Ride I'm drinking. A couple more of these things and I'd probably try it. :eek:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
kykr13 said:
Probably doesn't taste as good as the Sand Creek Wild Ride I'm drinking.
Any beer with a 2 inch image of a hop cone on the label is bound to be good.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
just goes to prove McDonalds will fix anything.

Enjoy your buddy's companionship while you can.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Awww. What a beautiful dog. Nice photo too.

Glad the old gent is eating. Obviously you guys have given him great care in order to reach 15. Here's wishing your friend a long and happy retirement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.