Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am completely overhauling my Cannondale Jekyll and have reached the integrated headset that goes with the lefty fork (the bearings feel pretty sticky). The fork is off but I haven't yet figured out how to tackle the headset. The tech documents at the Cannondale site haven't been much help. Does anyone know how to overhaul this headset or where I can find the info? Will I need special tools etc? I know how to overhaul a traditional (threaded or non-threaded) headset but this appears to be fairly different beast.

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
51 Posts
Unoriginal said:
I am completely overhauling my Cannondale Jekyll and have reached the integrated headset that goes with the lefty fork (the bearings feel pretty sticky). The fork is off but I haven't yet figured out how to tackle the headset. The tech documents at the Cannondale site haven't been much help. Does anyone know how to overhaul this headset or where I can find the info? Will I need special tools etc? I know how to overhaul a traditional (threaded or non-threaded) headset but this appears to be fairly different beast.

Thanks,
Andrew

No Headset to speak of. Just upper and lower bearings that need to be replaced. Shop should have the right tool providing they are a cannondale dealer. You need to get the bearings from them anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts