Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a a Roubaix Pro, w/a FSA headset. It seems nice enough, but I was REAL fond of the Chris King headset I had on my last bike.

Will a 1 1/8 Chris King Nothreadset fit my Roubaix?

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi. I don't know about chris king ,but I swapped mine with campy record heaset with carbon slim top plate. I had to take out the alu cups in the headtube and use look shims. it works perfect and no more creeks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
AroGuy said:
I just bought a a Roubaix Pro, w/a FSA headset. It seems nice enough, but I was REAL fond of the Chris King headset I had on my last bike.

Will a 1 1/8 Chris King Nothreadset fit my Roubaix?
No it will not -- see CKs site for additional info.

It is also not wise to remove the factory cups and insert a different style headset. A different maunfacturers headset of the same type is OK. Removing the factory cups will definitely void any frame warranty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Critchie,

Man! Not gunning for you tonight (I swear! LOL), but if the LBS will do it, does it still void the warranty? I just might have to ring Mad Dog Cycles and ask them...

-Jay

·
Registered
282 Posts
giveme2wheels said:
Critchie,

Man! Not gunning for you tonight (I swear! LOL), but if the LBS will do it, does it still void the warranty? I just might have to ring Mad Dog Cycles and ask them...

-Jay
No worries man, but if any modifications have to be made to the headtube, and that is likely because of the specifics of the CK Perdido, the warranty is void no matter if your LBS did the work or not. In fact, if the LBS is wreckless enough to modify a new bike's frame, he/she should no longer be your LBS. See the white paper on the "Integrated Headsets" on CK's site for more info.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts