Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size conventional headtube length would I need to match my current 14.6 cm integrated headtube on my cannondale using a Campy chorus hiddenset (tall cap). I plan on installling a King headset.
Thanks.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
ipaul said:
What size conventional headtube length would I need to match my current 14.6 cm integrated headtube on my cannondale using a Campy chorus hiddenset (tall cap). I plan on installling a King headset.
Thanks.
Just measure it! From the bottom of the crown race to the top of the top race, subtract the stack height of the King headset. I don't know what it is off the top of my head (I want to say 9 mm per side?), but it should be on CK's website.

· Registered
10,161 Posts
simple..

According to the campy website the tall cap version has a stack of 16mm, while the King is about 30mm, for a difference of 14mm.

Your current setup should have a total length of about 162mm. A conventional head tube would need to be about 132mm.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks C40, I did as all suggested and checked out the two stack heights. The Campy is actually 15.9 and the King is 31.4 mm. Given that info, I got the same number of about 132mm. I figure since my current ride is using 25mm of spacers, I should be looking at a headtube length of around 142 or 146 depending on what one considers to be the correct number under the stem to allow for future adjustments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.