What's it caused by???
Is there a cure???
What are the symptoms???
...Thanks to all

·
Registered
32 Posts
need more specifics....

There are many types of heart disease. Answering your question would require knowledge as to which type you are talking about. In other words, is it coronary heart disease, dilated cardiomyopathy, etc, etc
S

·
Registered
789 Posts
Atherosclerosis.

Good that you ask that question! CAD- coronary artery disease and arteriosclerosis- generic for the group of conditions in which the wall of the arteries becomes "plugged" and thickened by plaque- with mostly cholesterol, making the blood vessel less elastic, more stiff, hindering the smooth flow of blood in our circulation to the respective organs, i.e.: brain, heart, kidneys, etc, becoming the leading cause of suffering and death by its manifestations as high blood pressure, heart failure, kidney insufficiency, stroke, etc.Cholesterol can be good- HDL or bad- LDL, triglycerides, and it is fabricated by our bodies to sustain essential bodily functions mostly from the foods we eat. Some people are predisposed (genetic-familial predisposition) to fabricate too much of the bad cholesterols regardless of the foods they avoid or the "healthy ones" they ingest. For those individuals is still beneficial to abide by a healthy and prudent lifestyle: avoid fast food- fried/fatty/salty, eating more poultry- turkey, more veggies and low sugar fruits, and avoiding a lazy-sedentary lifestyle, by engaging in some type of continued, aerobic physical activity (with the consent and supervision of a qualified healthcare provider as needed). Some medical studies offered evidence that brisk exercise is as therapeutic and beneficial as taking a "statin"- a prescription anti-cholesterol drug (do not stop any meds without the consent of your provider!). Exercise also is the key to avoid the epidemic of obesity, with its deletorious consequences: propensity to get insulin intolerant or "pre-diabetic", high blood pressure, increased risk for certain cancers, heart disease, high blood pressure, heart failure, etc. The signs and/or symptoms for heart disease can range from none to shortness of breath, dizziness, chest pressure, chest pain, palpitations, tiredness-fatigue, swelling of the extremities or body, etc. For the most part, by the time an individual experiences any awareness of the "symptoms", the condition may have existed since childhood! How can we cope with this present and morbid threat? Get a medical exam by a qualified healthcare provider, communicate your concerns, get your blood pressure check, like at some pharmacies, write it down, take it to the appointment. A concerning blood pressure would be anything > 140/90 (verified X3 on X3 different occassions) for most people.in a healthy state and with no risk factors: smoking, alcohol consumption, obesity, family with heart disease at an early age, etc. This is just a super brief, for I have to return to my waiting patients...Good day!
ROGER79 said:
Is there a test for it???
What's it caused by???
Is there a cure???
What are the symptoms???
...Thanks to all

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Agreed

gimpy_in_hudson said:
There are many types of heart disease. Answering your question would require knowledge as to which type you are talking about. In other words, is it coronary heart disease, dilated cardiomyopathy, etc, etc
S

Have to know more about the question...Heart Disease is a VERY broad term that could be descriptive of dozens of entities. Please narrow it down, and I'm sure some of us may be able to be very descriptive for you.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Cad

physasst said:
Have to know more about the question...Heart Disease is a VERY broad term that could be descriptive of dozens of entities. Please narrow it down, and I'm sure some of us may be able to be very descriptive for you.
Perhaps you can assist him with a little more guidance and cues, coaching and engaging the basic answer that I just gave this individual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts