Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to possibly buy HED3 clinchers this spring and was wondering on cost of these wheels. LBS is saying $1200 for 700c. I am still working on the a little as I have some time before purchase.

Does this seem reasonable on pricing?

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
130 Posts
Struggle said:
I am planning to possibly buy HED3 clinchers this spring and was wondering on cost of these wheels. LBS is saying $1200 for 700c. I am still working on the a little as I have some time before purchase.

Thanks for the input
Call hed and ask if they have any that are "seconds" I bought a set of seconds that are .01 out of true for 900 shipped. I can't even tell there is a wobble in them yet its out of their tolerances so they are marked 2nd.

good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Struggle said:

Thanks for the input
Check with www.wisecyclebuys.com

·
Cycling Boob
844 Posts
if youre like me who are on a budget, craigslist is the best resource. got my tri spokies for 200. And no they worked well (no damage or what not)

·
Juanmoretime
2,201 Posts
Try here.

Struggle said:

Thanks for the input
www.lickbike.com I bought a front wheel from them back when they were $459.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I forgot about calling on seconds or out of spec ones. Since I will use these for long flat rides and possibly a time trail I really doubt the .01 would be of any concern to me at all.

Thanks for the webs sites as well. Great info there on pricing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered them

I ordered a set of the H3 clinchers last week. LBS said it will be 3 weeks maybe longer to get?? Price was brought down to $1150. Seems reasonable figuring they do not make much on them from other people I talk to. Thanks for the help:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts