Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Dad got some new Hed Belgium rims for a new build. We're hoping to lace them up soon.

Question: are the spoke holes offset alternating left/right? It looks like they are but it's very subtle.

Thanks

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the tire side the holes seem centered. From the hub side I see some offset. Wood Brown Hardwood Wood stain Flooring

In this picture the middle hole seems offset to the bottom. This offset is alternating. That is the only logical thing to do - lace with this direction.

These rims seem great. Very nice finish and graphics. Makes me sad Steve Hed is gone. Hope the company can stay the course.

·
Registered
734 Posts
They're very nice rims, maybe the nicest aluminum rims around.

Spoke holes are definitely offset. Look on the outside of the rim and the holes there are offset really far. The spoke goes from one side of the outside of the rim to the opposite hub flange. Hopefully that makes sense, it should as you look at it.

They are even marked F and R. HED recommends that rims marked F can be used for front or rear, but ones marked R should be used for rear wheels - the drive side holes have less offset.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
HEDs I've built up have angled holes (left/right, NDS/DS). I ordered a replacement rear rim and it had different angles on each side that corresponded to the DS vs NDS dish. It's easiest to see sighting through the holes from the rim bed toward the hub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.