Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any eye malady ranks highly up there with other pain in the ass wrongnesses, like broken toes and fingers, avulsed finger or toe nails, venereal warts, getting genitalia caught in a log splitter....

Last week it sucked. During the week it got mildly better, but today the suckworthiness shot up again. Not only did my regular sunglasses not help, but my custom, uber dark mountaineering specs did not help. You'd think that waking up with eyes glued shut or having the vision blurring goo in my eyes during the day would be the worst part....but nooooooooo: I can't ride my freakin' bike.

I wish that this were something that docs prescribed Percodan, darvon, or oxycontin for.....a narcotic haze would make the days pass more easily.

Anyone know any less-than-reputable docs or pharmacists?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bummer. Are you washing your eyelids w/anything? I had an eye doc tell me to wash my eyes with baby shampoo a couple of times a day. Felt better and got better real fast. This was after like 2 weeks on antibiotic eye drops from a different doc that basically did nothing for me.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
bobsmargs said:
Bummer. Are you washing your eyelids w/anything? I had an eye doc tell me to wash my eyes with baby shampoo a couple of times a day. Felt better and got better real fast. This was after like 2 weeks on antibiotic eye drops from a different doc that basically did nothing for me.

Warm compresses...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Hope you get well & back on the bike soon.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
yeah dude get well. your well DESIGNED frame is missing you :D I've yet to have pinkeye but I'm sure I'll get it.

ps it's Jovovich (she is one of the chicas my sig refers to- from Dazed and Confused)

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
ps it's Jovovich (she is one of the chicas my sig refers to- from Dazed and Confused)
See how bad it is?

·
Banned
653 Posts
Are you sure

Are you sure you have just pinkeye? Herpes simplex virus, type 1 (HSV-1) is something that
can cause a person's eye to become infected, sensitive to light and tear up alot. Type 1 is not sexually transmitted, (Type -2 is worse) . A large segment of the population has HSV-1.
A person can lose their eyesight if a flare-up is not treated.
Hope you don't have this, but when a person's eye becomes sensitive to light , its a warning
flag to me.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Road cyclist said:
Are you sure you have just pinkeye? Herpes simplex virus, type 1 (HSV-1) is something that
can cause a person's eye to become infected, sensitive to light and tear up alot. Type 1 is not sexually transmitted, (Type -2 is worse) . A large segment of the population has HSV-1.
A person can lose their eyesight if a flare-up is not treated.
Hope you don't have this, but when a person's eye becomes sensitive to light , its a warning
flag to me.
MD confirmed today. Pink eye.

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
Desolve some salt (I use sea salt) in warm water and try washing your eyes with it... I had pink eyes that seemed like it just wouldn't go away until I tried salt water rinse... warm salt water does wonders for many conditions... simple enough and worth trying...

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
did you get some type of antibiotic ointment to rub on your eye(or other medicine)? Or is it "wait it out"?
Yup. They looked at the discharge and said, "That look to be bacterial." So they gave me antibiotic drops. I'm not allowed to participate in any golden showers until well after this clears up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts