Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...This is my first post. I am ordering my bike on Friday and cannot wait until it gets here. Just thought I would say hello!

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Loozer. No0b. :)

Welcome. Get on that bike and wear it the h3ll out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a 2009 Mercier Corvus AL from bikesdirect.com - Aluminum, ultegra/105. carbon fork and seat post. Not great, but pretty cheap. Hopefully the wheels won't be jacked when I get it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh definitely...I'm taking it to my LBS to have them put it together and tune it...I'm also getting a fit. I'm really looking forward to it...

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Tell us more about yourself: age, fitness, exercise experience, goals for cycling, etc. Also, where you live, what kind of computer and home theater equipment you have, the code for your alarm, . . . JK.

Welcome to the sport, and the forum. At least one of them is always fun ; -)

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
When you get sick of actually riding the bike come over and visit us in the Lounge. We're more exciting. Especially if hot tubs, beer, and DSLRs are involved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ha! I'm 28 years old...I used to ride a few years back but got distracted by a woman who I ended up marrying:) I'm going to be training for a race in May and am really excited to get back on the bike (ninja edit). I actually just found a used Cannondale R4000si that I really like. I hadn't pulled the trigger on the bikesdirect.com bike yet so I might go for this bike. It is immaculate. Guy really took care of it. Only thing is is I'm 5"11 and it's a 58cm....So we'll see!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Welcome to RBR. Glad to have you here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts