Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys and gals,
Found your forum while browsing TDF stuff. Your Code word of the day post is what brought me here. I did some browsing and thought I'd sign up. I'm an experienced beginner. I was riding 20-30 miles a day in 2000 and then had a pretty bad motorcycle accident (I'm fine now) and just started riding again. I own a Bianchi Campione and a Trek 820. Currently I'm riding around 45-60 miles a week but am steadily increasing that distance again. I live in a small suburb southwest of Chicago. I'm 34 years old and a proud father of 3 boys, ages 7, 3, and 2.

Nice to meet you all

Chris

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Before we answer any of your questions, we will need your Debit card number, along with your pin number. (You can PM me with the pin number)

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,329 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
Before we answer any of your questions, we will need your Debit card number, along with your pin number. (You can PM me with the pin number)
And I'll be requiring your permanent mailing address, and SSN.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
Welcome. Since I sold my 5200 I recently changed my screen name, but I have been here for better than a year. Overall a good group of people here and I have learned a lot.

Of the things I have learned, here are the top 2:

1.) Home Brew is a mixture of oil and mineral spirits which works well as a chain lube.
2.) Posts relating to "What is your average speed?" are not well received as there are too many variables and lend themselves to bravado.

·
fifth time's a charm
1,805 Posts
Blue CheeseHead said:
2.) Posts relating to "What is your average speed?" are not well received as there are too many variables and lend themselves to bravado.
Add to the list anything regarding-
-rotational weight
-carbon vs metal frames
-Bent's love life (or lack thereof)

otherwise post away, and after a couple cocktails swing by the Lownge and leave the "normals" behind. :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue CheeseHead said:
Welcome. Since I sold my 5200 I recently changed my screen name, but I have been here for better than a year. Overall a good group of people here and I have learned a lot.

Of the things I have learned, here are the top 2:

1.) Home Brew is a mixture of oil and mineral spirits which works well as a chain lube.
I think that I'd prefer the whats your average heart rate thread better anyway along with posts of the heart rate graphs from your heart rate monitor.:thumbsup: Thanks for the welcome!

·
What it is
705 Posts
Beware of imposter-bots

MR_GRUMPY said:
Beware of the imposer-bot. Send ME your PIN number.

Oh yeah--glad to have you here.

Ken

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
ChrisMBianchi said:
I think that I'd prefer the whats your average heart rate thread better anyway along with posts of the heart rate graphs from your heart rate monitor.:thumbsup: Thanks for the welcome!
you got 3 boys under 10.........throw your heart rate monitor OUT....you have NO idea

Welcome sport..........I'm kinda new here too........still learning...

edit..HUH?...we have a codeword of the day??????????

edit 2.......my first love is my bianchi.....she has her own room in the house...

·
Colorado Springs, CO
631 Posts
ChrisMBianchi said:
Hi there guys and gals,
Found your forum while browsing TDF stuff. Your Code word of the day post is what brought me here. I did some browsing and thought I'd sign up. I'm an experienced beginner. I was riding 20-30 miles a day in 2000 and then had a pretty bad motorcycle accident (I'm fine now) and just started riding again. I own a Bianchi Campione and a Trek 820. Currently I'm riding around 45-60 miles a week but am steadily increasing that distance again. I live in a small suburb southwest of Chicago. I'm 34 years old and a proud father of 3 boys, ages 7, 3, and 2.

You too...

My pieces of advice:

- Keep your wheels true
- Beer *is* the ultimate recovery beverage (well, chocolate milk works good too!)
- Maintain your drive line -- keep it clean -- you should be able to use your cassette cogs as forks in a pinch

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
Dinosaur said:
Well, let's see..my first road bike I bought back in 1962 was a Bianchi. Long before most of you young one's were hatched.

Welcome to the forum.

Dino
hey I was hatched in 1962.........and reading my daddy's playboys

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Welcome to RBR. Please pay no attention to the above posts. Those guys have no sense of humor. The 1st thing you should remember is that when asking questions, or seeking advice, is to believe only me. Ignore all others, especially that juvenile delinquent Dino, who masquerades as an old guy.

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
Welcome to RBR. Please pay no attention to the above posts. Those guys have no sense of humor. The 1st thing you should remember is that when asking questions, or seeking advice, is to believe only me. Ignore all others, especially that juvenile delinquent Dino, who masquerades as an old guy.
unlike mr V who is REALLY, REALLY old..........................................

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Well

Mr. Versatile said:

I have the brain of a 15 year old, if that counts...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rkb said:
resting is about-15
average at 95% output-80

:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:
Aren't you near death? Wouldn't that put you at 136 years old? That of course would put your max heart rate at 84. :D Wow I hope I can hold it long enough to ride 40 miles when I'm that old... I didnt know they made chamois in a depends version:eek: :thumbsup:
I think I'm gonna like it here!

Touch0Gray said:
you got 3 boys under 10.........throw your heart rate monitor OUT....you have NO idea

edit..HUH?...we have a codeword of the day??????????

edit 2.......my first love is my bianchi.....she has her own room in the house...
My Boys are fantastic for being as young as they are (thank god). My bike watches TV with me,
The Codeword of the day is for the flytothefinish thing at Versus.com/flytothefinish There is s thread here about it.

·
fifth time's a charm
1,805 Posts
ChrisMBianchi said:
Aren't you near death? Wouldn't that put you at 136 years old? That of course would put your max heart rate at 84. :D Wow I hope I can hold it long enough to ride 40 miles when I'm that old... I didnt know they made chamois in a depends version:eek: :thumbsup:
I think I'm gonna like it here!.
Now you're catching on to the bafoonery! My first RB was a Bianchi as well and for the record I'm barely older than you (39 in Oct.)

As for the Depends chamois- that is the best way to describe the chamois in my Casse de'Pargne bibs. They say to use chamois cream, but that makes the lads feel kinda weird. Maybe I should put the cream on the chamois-:blush2:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.