Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. First post. Recently purchased a used 2011 Caad10 to get back into cycling. Been using Ride app on iPhone. So far total is 9 rides, 5hrs 26mins, 58 miles traveled, 8164ft climbed. Trying to ride everyday, not there yet but trying. Anyway, hello all from PNW!

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
There are a few regular posters here who are either in PNW or from there. If you have questions about routes and such, be sure to post in the Pacific Northwest sub-forum and you should get some feedback.

·
Registered
580 Posts
PNW is pretty vague, I'm in the PNW, Edmonds area in WA. The weather right now is what makes this part of the country so awesome. You have a great bike there and just getting it and riding is the best advice I could give you. The CAAD has a really big following and some claim it's the best aluminum bike made. Period. Get some miles under your belt and enjoy the ride.

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
I starting my riding many year ago in the PNW, just west of Portland, OR over the Sylvan Hill in the Aloha/Beaverton/Hillsborough areas. Back then (80's) lots of open area and roads.

enjoy the new bike and ride often... :thumbsup:

·
Cycling Addict
5,178 Posts
PNW is pretty vague, I'm in the PNW, Edmonds area in WA. The weather right now is what makes this part of the country so awesome. You have a great bike there and just getting it and riding is the best advice I could give you. The CAAD has a really big following and some claim it's the best aluminum bike made. Period. Get some miles under your belt and enjoy the ride.
In Washington, the home of Klein Bicycles (RIP), those can be fighting words!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I live on the eastern side of Oregon. There are a ton of rides in the PNW. I am working at trying to enjoy them all. Well at least the one's in Oregon anyway. Can't wait to ride Hood River to The Dalles this year. Going to have several friends join me this tripl.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I was in the Pendleton, OR area a few times on business. Beautiful area. This was before I started riding, so I missed some good opportunities out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts