Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above guys and girls,just saying a hello from the uk.i have been peddling for a few years now on and off road.i lve in the north east of England were it is pretty hilly and always seems to rain or blow a gale force wind.any way hello.:D:D

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
as above guys and girls,just saying a hello from the uk.i have been peddling for a few years now on and off road.i lve in the north east of England were it is pretty hilly and always seems to rain or blow a gale force wind.any way hello.:D:D
Hello there, Soshea!

I've got questions:

1) What kinda bike do you ride?

2) So what are your actual riding surfaces like up there in the hills?

3) Are you mostly on paved roads or dirt roads?

4) Does it frequently vary from one surface to another?

5) Do you have to deal with sand and/or gravel?

6) What major city do you live near?

Of course, you don't have to answer any of these questions. I'm just curious is all...

Thanks in advance.

Zeet :)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Hi, welcome.
You really gotta share bike stuff. Like what kinda bike you have and what kinda roads you ride.
I'm in love with Italian steel frames, and ride a 26 year old guercotti that is just the best riding bike.
Cheers
Bill

·
Registered
21,727 Posts
So, what have you been peddling? Not drugs or other contraband I hope? Maybe beauty products door to door?

Just a little poke as you learn to spell pedaling. Welcome aboard :)

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
So, what have you been peddling? Not drugs or other contraband I hope? Maybe beauty products door to door?
Just a little poke as you learn to spell pedaling. Welcome aboard :)
Oh come on! Correct <del>grammar</del> spelling? You've got to be kidding!

People are riding there bikes.
Their going to be late for the ride
Park your car over they're.

I knew I'd get you back! :D

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
I see the schooling system deteriorated since I lived over there! Of course it could be due to the barrier of the Pennines; impenetrable to teachers of English. Welcome anyway. :D

At least we'd be able to understand you speaking (unless you're a Geordie); not like these guys.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Please tell Wiggo that BostonG says hi. And tell him I said that there is a link under the cream rug where the shoulders of billy goats rest. He'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi, welcome.
You really gotta share bike stuff. Like what kinda bike you have and what kinda roads you ride.
I'm in love with Italian steel frames, and ride a 26 year old guercotti that is just the best riding bike.
Cheers
Bill
hi and thank you,i ride a scott cr1 pro,trek alpha 1.2 and a paul milnes road bikes,not at the same time:). I also ride off road a scott genius mc20 and a kinisis maxlight pha5e hardtail.i use trail centers and I live on the north yorlshire moors so loads of hills straight from my front door on and off road.thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I see the schooling system deteriorated since I lived over there! Of course it could be due to the barrier of the Pennines; impenetrable to teachers of English. Welcome anyway. :D

At least we'd be able to understand you speaking (unless you're a Geordie); not like these guys.
hi ya and no not a Geordie I live in north Yorkshire mate,so I guess you were from the sunny uk before down grading to somewhere else:blush2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello there, Soshea!

I've got questions:

1) What kinda bike do you ride?

2) So what are your actual riding surfaces like up there in the hills?

3) Are you mostly on paved roads or dirt roads?

4) Does it frequently vary from one surface to another?

5) Do you have to deal with sand and/or gravel?

6) What major city do you live near?

Of course, you don't have to answer any of these questions. I'm just curious is all...

Thanks in advance.

Zeet :)
hi ya Zeet 1.i ride a scott cr1 pro,trek alpha 1.2 and a paul milines road bikes,off road a scott mc20 and a maxlight pha5e hardtail.2 we ride all types of surfaces up and down hill from tarmac to gravel dirt and grass.3 I ride more on road these days due to a bad fall I had 2 years ago.4yes the surface changes a lot fro 1 road to another.5 yes we ride on sand and gravel.6 the nearest mayor city to me is leeds or Newcastle I live about halfway between the 2.thank you for the questions and the interest.hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.