Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum. I'm just getting back into cycling after a long break. I stumbled onto this forum while researching bikes, and much has changed since I last payed attention to innovations in cycling technology. I imagine this forum will be an excellent resource for helping me narrow my research to a manageable level.

At the moment I am riding a 15(ish) year old steel Lemond with the stock Bontrager wheels it came with and original Ultegra kit. Well, technically I'm not actually riding it yet, as it is currently in the LBS being returned to ride-ability. I'm planning on setting some money aside over the next 6-12 months to buy a new bike, assuming that I put in the miles to justify the purchase.

Anyway, this little message at the top of the page suggested that I introduce myself in this forum and so I have. I apologize in advance for the avalanche of potentially annoying questions I am likely to unleash upon you all.

:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WNC is a commonly used abbreviation for Western North Carolina. It is the region of NC that includes the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains. Basically I live where all the Yankees move to when they get tired of the heat in Florida. :). Or about 45 minutes from the start of Assault on Mt. Mitchell, if you prefer.

Welcome to the forum.

Oops, I think I stole your line. ;)

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the sport. I wouldn't be in any big hurry to upgrade your ride; you have an excellent, perfectly good bike there, assuming everything is in good shape. Take your time if you are really set on getting a new bike, and get something you really like. If you just care about enjoying the riding and getting in shape, there's no reason you can't ride that bike for years.

But getting a new bike can be fun, too, I hear.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
WNC is a commonly used abbreviation for Western North Carolina. It is the region of NC that includes the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains. Basically I live where all the Yankees move to when they get tired of the heat in Florida. :). Or about 45 minutes from the start of Assault on Mt. Mitchell, if you prefer.

Welcome to the forum.

Oops, I think I stole your line. ;)
Well, I learned something new.

Welcome to the forum, from Long Island.

Nice bike the Lemonds, buddy has a similar vintage, he says it's his favorite, of course he has a triple so hills are easier then on his C-Dale with a compact.

I like NC. I've spent some time in the Nantahela area, biking at the Tsali trails, canoeing the Nantahela, staying in the Bryson City area, hiking in GSMNP. Not retiring there, but nice to visit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.