Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hey i just joined your forum, I am a new road bike enthusiast and i would like your advice on which of these two bikes i should buy or any alternative if there are better options for me. I will use it all year round. Hope you can help me :thumbsup:

Option 1 Wiggle | Boardman Team | Road Bikes

Option 2 Wiggle | Mekk 2G Poggio P2.0 105 | Road Bikes
Well, there's a big difference between a CF frame and an Al frame. Once you've decided if you prefer one or the other, the choice should be clear. However, the Boardman does seem to edge out the Mekk, by having primarily a "105" gruppo, while the Mekk has a "105/Tiagra" mix. OTOH, there's a CF frame versus a less valued (by some) aluminum frame.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Aluminum done well is an awesome ride, and is a bit more resilient to accidents. Carbon is, well carbon. Just cause it's carbon does not mean it's a great bike. Carbon is as good as the tech put into it.

105 is nice, but I just ordered a tiagra front wheel and it is butter smooth. After all these years, I ride what's the best value. Both tiagra and 105 fit that bill.

Good luck

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.