Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have been lurking here for the last week or two. This year I decided to start exercising more so that I could drop the extra 20lbs or so I am carrying and just generallly feel better. Anyway I've tried running and even with good shoes its just way too painful. Next I started tooling around the block on my wifes *mart mountain bike. This was the first time in several years I had rode a bike, and I guess I had forgotten how much fun (and good exercise) a bike can been. About 2 weeks ago a coworker ,who is an avid cyclist, let me borrow his trek 2300. I was amazed at how light and quick this bike was, not to mention the crispness of the Ultegra gear. Only thing was the Seat and riding position on that bike was BRUTAL. about 15 miles on it was enough... So I have been looking at the TREK FX series, and had decided on the 7.5 FX Only problem was nobody within 100 miles had a 22.5 inch in stock. The local dealer said he would call me when the 07's came in, some time around August. On a whim today, I stopped in at the local GIANT dealer. They happend to have a Large 05 FCR3, so between rain showers I took it for a ride. About 5 minutes into the ride I knew I wanted this bike! This bike is lighter than the 7.5, Ergos are about the same, and in my opinion the gear changes on the FCR where crisper and quicker than on the TREK. Only things I liked better about the TREK where: the color scheme and the one sided petals. The dealer sold me this bike for 560.00$ plus he is going to swap out my petals later this week. All in all I think this was a fair deal since the 7.5FX was going to cost about 200.00$ more. This way I can get more of the extras I want for the cost I was going to pay for the bike alone. Now if it would just quit raining!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
rain? what's that?

welcome to the biking world! i too re-discovered the fun in cycling when i moved back to phoenix, arizona in 2001. since then i've been mountain biking and road riding. i'm hooked on both. do mostly mountain in the winter time and more road riding in the :mad5: HOT summer.

btw, if you want to ride more, relocate to az - it never rains here!:D

K

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.