Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, technically it's Redmond, WA. I'm at MIIS training on the Microsoft Campus. I wonder if they body scanned me when I came in and found out that I smuggled in an iPod! ;)

Very trendy interior design with cutting edge architecture... The server rooms are massive and walled in with glass, and the soda/pastry selection is excellent.

Yay, training! Boo, Seattle. I don't know anyone here, so I'm gonna be very bored unless I meet some peeps and hang out with them for dinner or something.

Check back later, I hope you're all behaving yourselves (J!!!).

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
vonteity said:
OK, technically it's Redmond, WA. I'm at MIIS training on the Microsoft Campus. I wonder if they body scanned me when I came in and found out that I smuggled in an iPod! ;)

Very trendy interior design with cutting edge architecture... The server rooms are massive and walled in with glass, and the soda/pastry selection is excellent.

Yay, training! Boo, Seattle. I don't know anyone here, so I'm gonna be very bored unless I meet some peeps and hang out with them for dinner or something.

Check back later, I hope you're all behaving yourselves (J!!!).
Head down to Pike St Market--cool place to spend an afternoon. Think there are some dirty movie theaters near there as well if you get bored shopping. ;)

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,349 Posts
Good for You!

Seattle is great. In fact, I'm listening to their NPR station right now. 100 percent chance of rain today, though. Ugh.

Where are you staying? How long will you be there? The market downtown is great if you have a way to get there. Further south is Pioneer Square, which is a good party spot.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
lemonlime said:
Further south is Pioneer Square, which is a good party spot.
yup...spent many a drunken evening there when I lived there. Used to be some pretty cool clubs near Ballard Locks as well but forget the names--think some were right on the Sound.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lemonlime said:
Seattle is great. In fact, I'm listening to their NPR station right now. 100 percent chance of rain today, though. Ugh.

Where are you staying? How long will you be there? The market downtown is great if you have a way to get there. Further south is Pioneer Square, which is a good party spot.
I'm staying in Bellevue, and I'm here until Friday morning. I will check out the market sometime if I get a chance, but I'm in class from 9am-5pm every day. I won't be doing much partying, I don't think... I did my fair share this weekend! :D

p.s. This class has a 19:1 male:female ratio.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, and I've got something to say to mohair_chair...

Thanks a LOT for posting that suggestion photo on J's third date outfit.

Now the entire class thinks I'm a freak.

Not that they're wrong, but they didn't need to know that so soon...

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
vonteity said:
I'm staying in Bellevue, and I'm here until Friday morning. I will check out the market sometime if I get a chance, but I'm in class from 9am-5pm every day. I won't be doing much partying, I don't think... I did my fair share this weekend! :D

p.s. This class has a 19:1 male:female ratio.
if it's still there--used to be a decent spinning gym in the bellvue area if you feel the need to train while there:

http://www.proclub.com/?area=5

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
vonteity said:
Thanks a LOT for posting that suggestion photo on J's third date outfit.

Now the entire class thinks I'm a freak.

Not that they're wrong, but they didn't need to know that so soon...
Looks like rain for pretty much the entire week. It didn't rain yesterday so me and the crew did a ride around Mercer Island and through Redmond and Kirkland.

I don't recommend Pike Place in the evening, its pretty much closed down. There are cool neighboorhoods in Seattle, I live in Ballard, Fremont is ahright so is Queen Anne.

You like sushi?

I'm just down the 520 freeway from you one exit.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
giovanni sartori said:
Looks like rain for pretty much the entire week. It didn't rain yesterday so me and the crew did a ride around Mercer Island and through Redmond and Kirkland.

I don't recommend Pike Place in the evening, its pretty much closed down. There are cool neighboorhoods in Seattle, I live in Ballard, Fremont is ahright so is Queen Anne.

You like sushi?

where in Ballard? Used to live there years ago--forget the address, but it was within a mile of the Ballard Market.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
The other thing that might be cool would be to check out Snoqualmie Falls. You could perhaps fit it in if you got a long lunch one day or you could go early before work. It's about 20 minutes east of you with no traffic, but it's a pretty nice waterfall, and it should just be dumping right now. Anyone you're working with can give you directions.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
where in Ballard? Used to live there years ago--forget the address, but it was within a mile of the Ballard Market.
Crown Hill, so, a couple miles north of Ballard Market and really close to Golden Gardens beach and the marina.

Dude, if you would have stayed and bought property in Ballard you'd be laughing, its blowing up right now down there. Very trendy area.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
jplatzner said:
The other thing that might be cool would be to check out Snoqualmie Falls. You could perhaps fit it in if you got a long lunch one day or you could go early before work. It's about 20 minutes east of you with no traffic, but it's a pretty nice waterfall, and it should just be dumping right now. Anyone you're working with can give you directions.
That's one of my favorite rides, leave from Red Hook brewery and ride out to the falls, minimal traffic and great scenery and when you get back you ready for a brew.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
giovanni sartori said:
Dude, if you would have stayed and bought property in Ballard you'd be laughing, its blowing up right now down there. Very trendy area.
I rented when I was there. Lived across the street from a lady who ran a daycare. Oh well--I have a place in Boulder now which isn't exactly going down in value either.

·
Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Yeah, one of these days we should set up a Seattle RBR non-non activity. I'm sort of bummed that Seattle didn't set a record for rainy days. I mean it didn't rain yesterday, but it's not like things even dried off. And now it's going to rain again for the next week or so.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Cool Restaurants on Waterfront

There's a great restaurant in the Edgewater Hotel downtown on the water in Seattle. Great fish and a beautiful view. I think it is on Piper 67 and that might also be the name of the restaurant. Down the dock is a great place to have a drink and an oyster or few called Elliots on the Bay (I think) Be a little careful if you go alone as parking as I remember it can be a little far and Seattle has a huge homeless population.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
giovanni sartori said:
You like sushi?

Vegetarian sushi, sure. :)

PM me, maybe we can get together. Our instructor was talking about going out tonight to a steakhouse for his birthday... Daniel's, I think he said?

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
I love Seattle. Lived in Capitol Hill/Central District and would walk up and down those killer Downtown hills every day. I was in the best shape of my life. This was before I had a bike.

Pike Place, Fremont (is The Troll still there?), U-Dist, Magnolia, Queen Anne, Pioneer Square, Belltown, Denny Regrade, Elliott Bay, Lake Washington, Puget Sound. Ohhh man, I miss that place!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
dude! if you and GS hook up for a beer and what not, post a pic!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
giovanni sartori said:
Its in the works, maybe some Belgian Brew, Frites and Mussels while looking at a picture of Eddy and talkin Cross and J's. maybe I'll dazzle her with my Dutch, although the chicks don't want to marry me like they do the J's. I told her I'm RBR approved as Hickey has met my Mom and been to her casa.
your mom let hickey in her house?

moreon!

;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts