Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a ladies forum, but I need some feedback. My wife is finally giving in to joining me on rides, which is cool...

But one issue we are having is that I bought her a Ladies specific helmet and well, it just seem to be small on her, we have to let it out all the way and it seems to be a snug fit.

I didn't skimp and by a retial helmet but actually bought a pretty nice Giro...But I bought it online because we live rather far from any LBS's...

Is it common for the Ladie's size helmets to be too small for women. Before I drive into town, any suggestions on getting her a good fit helmet with out the larger look of a men's helmet (or so she thinks)...

thanks in advance!!!

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
Sorry to be late to the party....

I used to have a womens' specific helmet, and now I don't. One thing to look out for is just personal preference and skull shape. Giro switched all of their women's helmets to the round wheel adjuster like the ones on all Bell helmets, and I can't wear them. I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't tried them on. Because of that new adjuster, they don't have sizes in women's helmets anymore. Men's helmets still have sizing, so it's probably best if you can take her with you to the shop to try a bunch of helmets on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
leviathans_child said:
if you didnt take her to the store so she could try them herself....you deserve a helmet that doesn't fit
I understand that...but it was a Mother's day gift so I didn't have that opportunity... I kind of surprised her with...she didn't want any thing 'cycling' for Mother's Day, so I gave her the helmet....full of cash :thumbsup:

We will make an exchange...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.