Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buying a giro animas, my size is right around the maxium for a medium, and the minium for a large size, any recommendations?

(the local bike shops are all way overpriced, so I'm buying it online)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Agree with jaseone... you gotta try them them first. I initially would go with the larger size (I thought it was like wearing a baseball cap, larger size felt better), but that isn't so with bike helmets. My large helmet was comfortable but I could feel it moving around as I rode and wind would somehow deflect off the helmet and enter my ears, even after adjustments. I now go with the smaller size which in my case is medium. I dial in the helmet and forget about it. Just to add, I also tried on helmets in LBS' before buying online.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Definitely try on the model you want

Sizing can vary between manufacturers and even within models. I rode a Giro Boreas for several years in a size medium, but to wear a Pneumo I need a large. I also found I preferred the fit of Bell helmets more than Giro, but in Bell wear a large. The only way I could figure that out was wearing them.

Like you I am right between sizes. My Bell Sweep is a little more of a minimalist helmet, and in the large I have room when I wear headcovering in the winter or a cycling hat in the summer. Couldn't do that with the Giro in medium.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
checked the local places, none of them have that model and/or size in stock.

I ordered the medium over the net, if its too small, I'll just eat the re-shipping/stocking cost & get a large; it'll still come to around the same as if the local bike places had it in stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.