Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Does your Cycling Team or Club have an official Helmet that matches your Kit?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Never thought about it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't really care

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Gizmo Cycling
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do so many Teams and Clubs wear matching jerseys, but not matching Helmets? Lazy? Don't think about it? Don't care? Look how good this Team looks.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Because racing is not about how the Team 'looks' ???

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Because racing is not about how the Team 'looks' ???
Sort of is. To quote Deion, "If you look good, you feel good, If you feel good, you play good, If you play good, they pay good." And while there may be some truth to racing not being about looks, there is plenty of truth to being a team and how you look.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,030 Posts
Jerseys are something you have multiples of and change every day. Most people only have one or two helmets. So from a bike club point, getting people to buy another jersey is easier than getting them to buy another helmet.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
They look like they got solar panels, OMG, is that legal?
I must have been at the back of the pack for some reason.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,893 Posts
No, we don't, but we recommend all black helmets with ours. Here's two MAMIL's, a Catlike and a POC.

So I have a black and a white helmet. I use the white with almost all the other kit I have, but since the club kit only has white details black it is. Note to self: Black shoes look better with the club kit.
And before somebody start whining about yellow and ugly: Yellow and black is the club colours since 1918. The cycling branch was founded as late as in 2008 and chose a yellow torso for visibility. The yellow bands on the shorts also enhances visibility because the legs move.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Sort of is. To quote Deion, "If you look good, you feel good, If you feel good, you play good, If you play good, they pay good." And while there may be some truth to racing not being about looks, there is plenty of truth to being a team and how you look.
Sorry, if you race faster because of matchy-matchy helmets - then you need a new team coach. IMHO.

Reactions: Lombard

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Oh Pshawww.

A huge reason to avoid ANY group ride...... I might look trashy if another person doesn't like my helmet. OMG.

I stopped worrying about such things when high school was finished, Over half a century of not sweating the small stuff = liberating. Consider it.

Clear you handlebars and your mind will follow....

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,893 Posts
I like group rides. Social stuff.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I like group rides. Social stuff.
Would you ride with people who think you look "trashy" because your helmet does not match the one they wear???

Sounds more anti-social and snobbish BullPucky than social.
Lemming-like. Group think.
Not people I would regard as friendly.
YMMV

What would they say about a person without a helmet? your hair looks trashy?
The World walks, cycles, drives, hikes, skis, boats, flies without helmets - and hopefully without judgement.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,030 Posts
Would you ride with people who think you look "trashy" because your helmet does not match the one they wear???

Sounds more anti-social and snobbish BullPucky than social.
Lemming-like. Group think.
Not people I would regard as friendly.
YMMV
This. As I always say, if you are self conscious about the way you look among the group you ride with, you are riding with the wrong group. I would rather ride alone.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,893 Posts
You’re a funny lot. I’d ride with anyone who wanted to ride with me.

Weird forum this. Destroying a topic seems to be the main activity.

Reactions: Wetworks

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
With our group, there is an inspection before every ride. Someone always has to go home or the other way!!!!!!

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,893 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
You’re a funny lot.
Weird forum this. Destroying a topic seems to be the main activity.
I agree WEIRD forum this.
My opinion is when a retail website comes on and suggests that amateur cycling groups who don't match helmets are [quoting] =
Lazy? ...Don't care?
It's degraded from a Forum to an advertising place - that allows us to be chided for not looking coordinated on group rides, by another "Forum Member".
That's boloney --- probably why roadbikereviewForum doesn't have robust cycling discussions, compared to years ago.

Maybe Trek.com, Specialized.com, Giro.com, Assos.com would like to join - to tell cyclists we are lame if we don't buy their "Forum member's" suggestions.

Fashion On, girls.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,030 Posts
I agree WEIRD forum this.
My opinion is when a retail website comes on and suggests that amateur cycling groups who don't match helmets are [quoting] =
Lazy? ...Don't care?
It's degraded from a Forum to an advertising place - that allows us to be chided for not looking coordinated on group rides, by another "Forum Member".
That's boloney --- probably why roadbikereviewForum doesn't have robust cycling discussions, compared to years ago.

Maybe Trek.com, Specialized.com, Giro.com, Assos.com would like to join - to tell cyclists we are lame if we don't buy their "Forum member's" suggestions.

Fashion On, girls.
From what I have seen, some of the mods are starting posts about products. I have a feeling since visits to the forum have dropped, so has revenue. So now RBR can't get the hits, they are bringing in revenue by posting product reviews.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
they are bringing in revenue by posting product reviews.
Not sure if OP was requested by the forum authority to post this thread or not but elsewhere online, such post is called shilling. It's a way to advertise without paying.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts