Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Does your Cycling Team or Club have an official Helmet that matches your Kit?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Never thought about it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't really care

Votes: 1 33.3%
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
A group that insists on positions of components be a certain way before photos, critiques the annual changes of team kits, color schemes of manufacturers, sock height, and/or a host of other subjective, non-sensical things based on appearance, feels asking whether helmets matching kits is a bridge too far?!? Oh, there's a reason for the decrease in posting/dialogue lately alright...

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,030 Posts
Not sure if OP was requested by the forum authority to post this thread or not but elsewhere online, such post is called shilling. It's a way to advertise without paying.
My guess about this one is a shill.

Reactions: Wetworks

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,893 Posts
Sorry. Didn’t get that the op was commercial. Another reason to frequent this forum, which at a time I actually liked quite a lot, even less.

That said, helmets that match the club kit (and each other) by color doesn’t look like shambles.

Reactions: Wetworks

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,030 Posts
That said, helmets that match the club kit (and each other) by color doesn’t look like shambles.
Nope. I like diversity. People are not clones.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Taken to the (il)logical extreme -
That Pro Peloton sure looks a shambles.
You'd think they would get it right. Especially for TV.
Set the example for gizmocycling.come-on buyers.
Matchy - matchy helmets changing daily for the countryside composition.
Even team jersey's that don't match colors/design, for national & other awards.
Oh the Horror!
(n)

Maybe I need a helmet for every bike. Almost all of the 15+ riders are different colors.
Naaaah. That many helmets would cut into the beer budget.
Camano Island lunch.jpg

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
What? .. that seat angle is out of this world!!!!
You wouldn't ride with me after that bottle of wine & cheese at the cookie stop. ...but I'm game.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,030 Posts
What? .. that seat angle is out of this world!!!!
I can't believe there are actually people who ride with their seat like that, but I know people who do. It wouldn't take long for my package to go numb with that saddle position.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,030 Posts
Notice the surface where the wheels rest? It's not leveled. 🧐
I'm looking at the saddle angle with respect to the top tube. That's a castrator for sure.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,893 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,091 Posts
Helmet matching the kit? Might as well ask if the carpet matches the drapes.

When I ride, I color-coordinate so well, even my sports beverages match my bike color.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
When reaching a conclusion is not conclusive

@duriel, @Lombard, @bvber
In the pic above, I did not claim the red bike was mine.
In fact, the matchy colors (red bike and red panel on jersey) might be called coordinated. Nah, my bike is the green one to the right. Who could ride a saddle like that - maybe a woman?
Zeus.jpg

·
Banned Sock Puppet
13,030 Posts
Who could ride a saddle like that - maybe a woman?
Actually, women tend to be comfortable with their saddle nose down even further than men do.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,893 Posts
That Zeus is beautiful.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
That Zeus is beautiful.
It's a Karma bike. Collective effort involving: Salvage, shipment CA > USA, f/f straightened in Portland Oregon, partly assembled in Port Angeles, Washington, delivered to Seattle Eastside for final build, evaluation, continuous refinement with parts trom friends & quality humans in Canada, Spain, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, and probably a couple others. Coordinated mostly on a different forum. With recent acquisition of most excellent Zeus pedals (Canada sourced with an internet friend trade), the bike is nearly fully re-Zeus'd.
And earlier version before nice hoods from Spain were ordered. Pardon the mismatched wheels - how did that happen?
Zeus in Spring.jpg

.....and even earlier
Zeus @ Le Atelier2.jpg

21 - 39 of 39 Posts