Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the scenario, my wife has been dealing with depression (not so much lately) and chronic fatigue (a lot lately). So, besides pursuing all the natural and medical avenues and even though we have an excellent marriage, I've decided to do the "Love Dare" from the movie Fireproof. As a side note, the first couple of "dares" have been pretty easy since I'm so awesome :D and was already doing them. But today's dare is about love being generous and I'm supposed to buy something for the bride of my youth. Here's the problem. My wife isn't much for flowers and she wouldn't want me to spend a lot of money on something like jewelry because she's a bookkeeper and she would rather have cash money in the bank than jewelry. However she did just lose one of her small pearl earrings. She also loves chocolate but she's been complaining about not eating right or exercising.

So I ask the wellspring of infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the Lounge, what say ye?

Small pearl earrings
Chocolate
Something from Bath & Bodyworks
Cordless screwdriver
Other

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
bopApocalypse said:
pearl necklace
steak
beets
ice cream
wildebeest

ymmv.
there's nothing left to say. Guru bopA is so wise....

as an additional bonus, the order may be changed, and it's still a homerun!

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
nobody mentions a bike. she says she needs more exercise. getting the bike would also help you two be together. maybe. as long as its not the divorce-making tandem.

i have to be serious here:
the dare is about love being generous and you have to BUY something? im sure thats wdjd.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Go with the earrings. It shows that you pay attention to her.
Yep, earrings are a great gift, regardless of the situation or reason.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
Andrea138 said:
Exercise is one of the best cures for chronic fatigue and depression.
I get a few hours of feeling decent after a good bike ride, sometimes longer.
I can't remember how long its been that I wasn't chronically depressed. No pharmaceuticals for me, though... HTFU and keep on keepin' on. Who needs anti-depressants that "may cause suicidal feelings"? WTF is up with that?!

It just never seems goes away, so like chronic joint pain, you just get used to it.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Tig said:
I get a few hours of feeling decent after a good bike ride, sometimes longer.
I can't remember how long its been that I wasn't chronically depressed. No pharmaceuticals for me, though... HTFU and keep on keepin' on. Who needs anti-depressants that "may cause suicidal feelings"? WTF is up with that?!

It just never seems goes away, so like chronic joint pain, you just get used to it.
Exercise works most of the time. Zoloft is crap. Tried that years ago. Not again.

·
RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,457 Posts
Earings. Seperatly and at different times, short notes tucked into places she wouldn't ecpect to find them explaining what about her it is that you love.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
St. John's Wort is natural and a good pick-me-up. I tried it a few years ago and was impressed- the effect is subtle.

Other than that, hmmm the "bride of your youth"? What good would that do if her tastes have changed?

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
brujenn said:
Earings. Seperatly and at different times, short notes tucked into places she wouldn't ecpect to find them explaining what about her it is that you love.
Good idea. Make sure they don't look like the one she lost, so that the first one doesn't match the one she has left. It'll make her wonder.

Not that someone married to you isn't wondering already. :eek:

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Earrings. If it was something she liked to wear, she's probably bumming about it right now, even if she doesn't say so.

But I like the random note idea too. Occasionally Ejdo and I will leave each other little notes and its amazing how something so small can brighten your day.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
1) tandem. the beach cruiser kind. maybe an old Sears model with step thru / mixte frame.

2) couples massage / spa / weekend getaway. $250 will go a long way

3) the earring should be automatic, not a special deal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts