Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I travel often, when home I'll be on the bike, but on the road I'm forced to run.

Anyone have some advice which way to go here? I've checked out the Polar CS600 for (not much there for running) and the Garmin Forerunner 405 (light on the cycling side). Are there any others out there you would recommend for my situation? :confused:

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In my experience, the Forerunner 405 does everything I need on a bike. The only fuctions that are missing are an odometer (but you can add up your miles on the computer), real-time mapping (not a must-have for me), and most importantly, power.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
One review...

A training partner has the 401- it sucks for trail running. If we ever run in the woods, or on small roads with heavy tree coverage over us it cuts in and out all the time.

He says it normally does a decent job with the entire run/bike but he gets pissed b/c he says as luck would have it, every time he looks down to check his time the thing is cutting out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.