Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to map out a route across southern Missouri between Cape Girardeau and Branson for a self-supported multi-day group ride. It was an idea I tossed out to a group of friends to do during a two week plant shut-down later this year. Anyone familiar with the state roads across southern MO? I want to avoid US 60 and US 160 if at all possible. We'll all be on road bikes so want to avoid gravel roads as well. I'm going to check with bike shops in Springfield and Cape to get some suggestions. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
21,635 Posts
Some ideas

DLMKA said:
I'm trying to map out a route across southern Missouri between Cape Girardeau and Branson for a self-supported multi-day group ride. It was an idea I tossed out to a group of friends to do during a two week plant shut-down later this year. Anyone familiar with the state roads across southern MO? I want to avoid US 60 and US 160 if at all possible. We'll all be on road bikes so want to avoid gravel roads as well. I'm going to check with bike shops in Springfield and Cape to get some suggestions. Thanks for the help.
You could combine the Adventure Cycling Great Rivers South route from Cape Girardeau to where it joins the Adventure Cycling TransAm at Farmington and take that west to just east of Springfield, then cut south to Branson on SR 125. The Adventure Cycling routes are rider tested, and the TransAm route has been in continuous use since 1976. The Adventure Cycling maps include turn by turn instructions, lists of bike shops, campgrounds, motels, etc. all along the route. You can buy map segments for $12 (non-member) or $9 (member). Adventurecycling.org.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts